Textures KEEP tiling

Textures KEEP tiling

Maybe I'm just dense, but I cannot place an imported texture on this extruded square without it tiling into hundreds of little textures. I want the texture to cover the entire square, not just a few polygons, but every UV mapping mode I've tried doesn't do anything. What I did was to create a Rectangle Object, extruded it with a bevel, made it editable (so I could flip it 90 degrees--everytime I flipped it before I made it editable warped it) and flipped it 90 degrees. But when I import the tablecloth texture, it tiles into hundreds of little tablecloths. How do you place a texture across the WHOLE thing? Oh yeah, I got the soft shadows I wanted. Renders great! (except for the hundred tablecloths!) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll get the hang of this thing someday....

Here´s a quick workaround:
A. rectangle + extrudetool
B. throw in your texture
C. make extrude editable
D. Choose all polygons that includes your entire square; set shade selection to 0 (zero) - voilá.
In addition you can change the mapping-type to "flat-mapping". Now you can scale, move and rotate your texture on your selected square.

with kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• textureonsquare_922.jpg
    textureonsquare_922.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 841
Reply to Textures KEEP Tiling

Here´s a quick workaround:
A. rectangle + extrudetool
B. throw in your texture
C. make extrude editable
D. Choose all polygons that includes your entire square; set shade selection to 0 (zero) - voilá.
In addition you can change the mapping-type to "flat-mapping". Now you can scale, move and rotate your texture on your selected square.

with kindest regards
Frank

SORRY, BUT I CAN'T GET THIS TO WORK. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? WHY DOES THE TEXTURE TILE ANYWAY? SHOULDN'T IT DRAPE OVER THE ENTIRE OBJECT?

Sorry for the trouble - but this is the way it works. No tricks.
Please send a screenshot - otherwise I can´t help you further - sorry :oops:

Hi,
I've added a property to the material tag which disables texture tiling. It will be in v2.6.

By,
Martin

Hi Anthony.

I built a seamless texture in Freehand and Photoshop, and put it on a rounded corner rectangle I extruded. Using a UV-tag for cubic-mapping will do it. There´s a little mistake in texture-joining I can´t explain yet, because the colours are identical in hue and value.

with kindest regards

Frank

Attachments

• tartantabletop_558.jpg
    tartantabletop_558.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 682
Hi Frank,
this is indeed a little bit strange. Does it work correctly at the other corners? Does playing around with the "approximation angle" property of the spline object have any effect on the rendering?

By,
Martin

P.S. Nice texture. :D

I had this problem. On my model the texture sometimes was the correct size but on other meshes it was TINY and tiled in hundreds of copies. I, after much searching, changed the UV Scale from 1 to .07 and voila it was fixed.

Back