Project Weasel -- Teaser

Project Weasel -- Teaser

I've redesigned weasel's scoutship (shown here) so that it (in my opinion) looks a bit better and, more importantly, works -- weasel can fit inside the cockpit, the cockpit can open, there are "bomb bay" doors to allow landing gear and weapons to pop in and out.

Anyway here's a quick render to whet your appetites. There should be a new playable demo around the time Cheetah 3d 5 ships ;-)

Attachments

• new_scoutship.jpg
    new_scoutship.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 329
Hi,
wow that looks really nice. Well done.:icon_thumbup:

Looks like you are also quite behind your time table. If I remember right you originally planed to release your game in 2007.;)

Bye,
Martin

I am hugely behind. Originally I planned to release the game around Christmas last year. But then there were babies...

I am hugely behind. Originally I planned to release the game around Christmas last year. But then there were babies...

Who wouldn't have gone for the babies? :wink:

Btw, good to see that you redesigned the weasel ship. Didn't like the old one to be honest :rolleyes:
*working horse awaiting further instructions* :D

Yeah I'm with you on the old ship. I was trying to resist redesigning anything because it's a way to procrastinate (like hanging out on this forum helping people ;-) ) but the problem with babies (twins!) is getting more than about 60 minutes without interruption combined with massive sleep deficit ... and I don't tend to even *start* getting productive writing code in less that 30-45 minutes, whereas I can build and texture a model and knock off some test renders in the same amount of time.

Some good news for Martin -- the next version of Weasel will support a dual stick (think PS2) controller (I'm testing with the Logitech Dual Action). I figure it gives me similar limitations to both the Wii (should I ever get a Nintendo dev license) and the iPhone (where I'll be faking dual thumb controls).

Back