FBX no morphs no pose.???

FBX no morphs no pose.???

When I export from Daz studio to Cheetah using FBX I get the figure(zeroed) and textures which is great but I get no morphs or poses. Does anyone know why.?:confused:

Hi,
Cheetah3D imports morph targets from FBX files. DAZ probably doesn't export morph targets to FBX.

Have you tried to re-import the FBX files into DAZ-Studio? If there are morph targets in the FBX file DAZ Studio should be able to read them.

Bye,
Martin

FBX import.

"Have you tried to re-import the FBX files into DAZ-Studio? If there are morph targets in the FBX file DAZ Studio should be able to read them."
Wouldn't you know it Daz only exports .fbx.:tongue:
But here are the settings for the export. The custom lightwave shows no diffrence.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm not sure what all the parameters mean but so far I haven't seen a .fbx file with morph targets which Cheetah3D didn't import properly.

Maybe you can ask the DAZ support if they export morph targets to FBX.

Bye,
Martin

Fbx more mystery....

Hi,
I'm not sure what all the parameters mean but so far I haven't seen a .fbx file with morph targets which Cheetah3D didn't import properly.

Maybe you can ask the DAZ support if they export morph targets to FBX.

Bye,
Martin

I reported a bug to the Daz people have not heard back yet. As I said with the export I got the bones working great also all the textures no problem.
Then I had a bright idea I exported the charactor as an .obj from Poser which was set up how I wanted it. morphs pose etc. Then used the latest FBX converter from autodesk to convert from .obj to .fbx. So far so good.

Imported into Cheetah. the charactor was what I exported but with one flaw
the textures all had Reflection turned up to max 1.000. Had to go thru and reset all textures( not too bad.)
Well that's the FBX adventure up to now... see ya later.:smile:

Last edited:
Responce from Daz

Here is what Daz replied to me.

There are actually two issues here.

Unfortunately, the current build of the FBX plugin does not work on the Intel Mac. Are you using the Intel Mac?

The other issue is that the FBX Exporter plugin was only tested with Alias Maya. We have not tested whether other applications (Cheetah 3D, 3DS Max, Cinema4D, etc.) will import .fbx files created by the plugin effectively or not.

If it's not working effectively, then you should either ask for a refund (within 30 days of purchase) or try different settings in the export menu. Let us know what you want to do.

Can you guess what my reply was? :wink: PS I don't use intel.

Back