Gravity / drop query

Gravity / drop query

Hello folks,

I'm new here, and really enjoying learning Cheetah3D.

I have a question - I have a scene with three objects, and would like to position a fourth object on top of them. The objects are irregular, and I would like the object on top to sit naturally, as it would do in reality.

Imagine three rocks set out in a triangle, and a fourth, larger rock to sit on top of them. I don't want the larger rock to 'sink into' any of the smaller ones. I may need to reposition the rocks to get the scene looking right, and if they could behave naturally that would be a big help. Is gravity the right approach? My attempt had all objects drop and disappear.

I hope I've described that well enough!

Any tips would be gratefully received :)

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom and Welcome!
You can do this with the help of Dynamics and Rigid-Bidy-tags.
Look into the attached file and hit play:
Expect at least small margins between the objects - once it settled down you can drag it further down.
4Stones.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• 4Stones.jas.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hi Frank,

Thanks so much for your advice and sample file. That's exactly what I was trying to achieve, and it feels exciting to learn how!

I spotted that I need to enable the "Type: Static" property of the rigid body modifier on the 'legs'. I see what you mean about a small gap, but it's really simple to move close as it is aligned in the correct plane.

Thank you again :smile:

Back