Keyframing material transparency not working

Keyframing material transparency not working

Having an issue that is driving me nuts at the moment. I need to animate an object and make it gradually become transparent.

I have highlighted the material and I have right clicked on the record button where it gives me an option to "record transparency". However whenever I click on this option it doesn't add a keyframe!

Sounds strange. Can you upload the file please?
Or compare it to my simple example file.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TransMatAnim.jas.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 213
That's weird, Frank. If I load your project file it allows me to add a new transparency keyframe, but in my own project it won't!

Aha. Not sure if this is a bug. I compared our projects. I had to un-tick the "key all other parameters", "key heiarchy", and "only key changed parameters" buttons. Then it worked.

Probably not (i.e. locked params):
I tried locking the object / locking the mode tag / locking the material tag to simulate the problem, but in all of these cases the selected parameter (i.e. transparency) is properly recorded.
Cheers

Probably not (i.e. locked params):
I tried locking the object / locking the mode tag / locking the material tag to simulate the problem, but in all of these cases the selected parameter (i.e. transparency) is properly recorded.
Cheers

Damn - that´s not how it should work - and it won´t explain why Simon5EP can´t record transparency at all.

Cheers
Frank

Yup, I was a bit surprised, too :confused:

Servus from Vienna

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 13.07.06.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 13.07.06.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 190
Back