.dts file exporter option

.dts file exporter option

I couldn't find if there is a .dts exporter for the torque game engine. I would love to support your software if I can find this functionality. Also the fols at GarageGames would probably also.

Hi,
you are not the first who asks for that file format. Support for file formats are actually one of the most frequent features requests. The problem is that there are much over 100 3D file fomats out there. And my file format wish list is already quite full.
FBX, B3D and some others probably come first.

Sorry. But I probably won't add it in the near future. Nevertheless it is on the file format wish list.

By,
Martin

I agree

I also would like this feature.

It would be a good marketing thing as there are a lot of developers at Garagegames and not many programs that allow the dts feature.

Cheetah is a great mac program and I and many other mac developers don't want to have to use Boot Camp to make a model with a program that we don't want or know how to use :(.

If you want to make Torque DTS models on Mac, try Blender or Houdini. Both are respectable in their own right
Just my .02$

-Alex
Happy to be using Unity + Cheetah3d :icon_thumbup:

Cheetah 3D is an excellent product and should be able to compete with Blender and Houdini to produce DTS models for the torque game engine. Torque has a very large user base and would attract a lot more mac users to Cheetah 3D if it could save as DTS :D.

Hi,
torque already support FBX in some of their products

http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque/x/

So I hope that they will support FBX in their other products in the near future.

To be honest I'm a little bit surprised that Torque doesn't support FBX in all their products yet. Especially since almost all 3D apps support FBX export.

Bye,
Martin

Yes, I have bought unity :)
However, I find torque a bit more simple to use.

I have found a way via Blender to export dts :D
Thanks for all your support

Back