Out of interest, what is your C3D workflow like?

Out of interest, what is your C3D workflow like?

It may be interesting to others and/or useful to Martin to know how people use c3d with other programs. I'll start...

I use c3d a LOT more than any other 3d program (which surprises me). I also use Silo quite a bit, especially for tricky modeling stuff, and lately its sculpting tools are becoming very useful, and occasionally Blender.

I use Photoshop CS3 and Photoline (on my laptop) for 2d images.

I very rarely use splines, but when I do, I use Illustrator CS3 or Intaglio.

Almost everything I do with c3d ends up going into Unity (simply save the files into the Unity project folder and I'm done -- amazing workflow) or Photoshop (I always save to PNG if I remember). c3d renders are on the desktops of every computer I use.

Edit: if it weren't for c3d's animation functionality (limited as it is) I simply wouldn't use it.

Last edited:
Silo for modelling, Cheetah for rigging, animation, UV-editing, baking and the occasional render. Photoshop and Illustrator for textures and other design needs, such as web design, graphic design etc.

I too mainly use Cheetah to make stuff that I then bring into Unity.

mines pretty standard...

Photoshop, illustrator, indesign and of course Cheetah which has now overtaken Artlantis and Vue for every rendering and animation task.

Models of Architecture still start from Sketchup and are embellished with detailed poly modeling in Cheetah.

re order of usage, no particular order ( a bit like my mind ) order of fun Cheetah and Photoshop

Regards

Luke

PS Podperson, I had forgotten how good the onion site was, thanks for that

1. Model Stuff in cheetah (With or without Symetrey)

2. Unfold UVs, usually outside the actual square.

3. Whip up some textures (CS1+CGtextures.com)

4. Plugins where necess: Fluid mask and now imagesynth.

5. Import textures to cheetah.

6. move UVs to texture.

7. Collapse symetrey if necess.

8. Optimise and export, or Add bones, Bind, Weight, Animate, Export.

Exporting it is optional since Unity and Cheetah shake hands quite nicely.

I like to save into a running Unity project, so I can "walk" around the model, which is a really effective way of spotting flaws.

AC

Back