Jagged texture problem?

Jagged texture problem?

Hi

I am trying to apply a texture to some polygons by drag and drop, image I am using is of a window and doors but when I apply it it takes on the distortions of the triangular polygons,

you can see the image here

Please could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and the easiest way to apply a simple texture (created in photoshop) like this

Many thanks

Hi.
Collapse your mesh by double clicking on it´s icon. Go in UV layout mode. Select your assigned material/textur. Right click in the UV editor window and choose "UV mapper". Find it´s properties and choose "flat" for projection. Use the transform widget in the 3d view to adjust angle and size.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• Flatprojection.png
    Flatprojection.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Thanks Frank. I had tried that, but I think the probelm is something to do with it being a sub division surface, if I take the sub division of the texture goes on smooth, but as soon as I put it on again it goes all jaggy.

Hi.
That´s the reason why I recommended to collapse the mesh first and then apply the texture via flat projection. Do you need to keep the SubDi-modifier?

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi
Sorry I missed that, so tried double clicking on the icon, but nothing seemed to happen and the image still apears jaggy. I don't need the subdivision modifier (except for the curvature it has already). How would I get rid of that so my texture ends up smooth? Thanks for your help

Hi Frank, yes I tried step too as well but it ended up jaggy, I must be missing something. I'll keep trying or try an make without subdivisions

Back