Medieval Town Construction Kit

Medieval Town Construction Kit

Medieval small township
* This is an exercise in particle meshes. In practice, it is a construction kit which allows you to generate a variety of different buildings by “plugging in” the predefined panels.
* Each house consists of a - more or less - simple box in a metric of x*y*z sections and units.
* The individual 1*1 faces of these boxes are assigned shade selections to differentiate “panels” which will be doors, ground floor windows, upper floor windows, oriels, etc.
* Predefined panels for doors, different window configurations, etc (see note on attached library below) are then assigned via the particle mesh function (type polygons + polygon selection n).

* A small library of door / window elements and building templates is supplied. Enlarge this collection according to your requirements
* I hope you have fun.
* Attention: Stacked particle meshes are not currently supported on C3D 6.3.2. The 2nd level shows in the editor but does not render. For renderings / animations, you need to turn the PMs into meshes to achieve a result.

Attachments

• SS med town 00.png
    SS med town 00.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 714
  • SS med town 01.png
    SS med town 01.png
    346.6 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Cont´d

Example for the town hall
* The wire mesh shows the PM base box, in this case a simple 3*3*3 box with a twiddled roof
* I have offset the various panels for the frontal / sidereal facades and the turrets.

Attachments

• SS PM Explode.png
    SS PM Explode.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Libraries
* See attached Zippies.

Attachments

• PM Library.zip
    234.1 KB · Views: 542
  • PM Buildings.zip
    332.2 KB · Views: 499
* Needless to say, PMs can be used as constructors for any complex building with repetitive elements.
* Screen shots for a few examples.

Attachments

• SS Theatre.png
    SS Theatre.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 690
  • SS Pisa.png
    SS Pisa.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 684
  • SS church.png
    SS church.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 692
  • Turning Torso 03.png
    Turning Torso 03.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 694
And now for something completely different

* Equally needless to say, PM constructors are quite useful for models pertaining to other areas of knowledge modelling.
* Doodle for Hawking radiation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 19.23.35.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 19.23.35.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 698
  • SS Hawking.png
    SS Hawking.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 678
Wow. Excellent building blocks. Artists are always looking for quick ways to add complexity to their scenes. Nice workflow.

Bums.:frown:
Does anybody know how I can upload the bundle of .jas plus the associated .c3dmats? I would like to simply post the unedited (PMs double level; shows in editor but does not render) and edited (PMs > meshes; can´t be modified but renders) models for the townscape.
It would be of great advantage if users could download the entire townscape for experiments.
Heeeeeeelp :confused: :confused: :confused:

Servus from Vienna

Last edited:
Townscape 05: Model with individual PM buildings. Note that these won´t render.
Townscape 06: Model with PMs exploded into meshes.
Unfortunately, the final models are loo large to upload.

Attachments

• Townscape 05.jas.zip
    403 KB · Views: 456
  • Townscape 06.jas.zip
    596.5 KB · Views: 490
You are welcome.
There is a construction kit on space ships in the works. It all takes a while :redface:
Cheers to Kiwi Land :tongue:

Really cool stuff. I love to see Cheetah3D in the context of theoretical physics.:smile:

Bye
Martin

P.S. Beautiful skyscrapers too.

Back