.lwo2 import

.lwo2 import

Hi there, i have some models in .lwo2 format. I cant import them in Cheetah, and i have no other 3d software installed. Is there a converter somewhere on the web? i have done a few searches, but cant find any.

any help is helpful : )

regards

Jan A

Hi Jan.
We had this quit a few times. You can try Blender but no success guaranteed.
Even Lightwave sometimes won´t read lwo files. Seems there´s a difference to where the file came from.
I have a few days left on my demo, so if you like I can try to convert it for you. Again: no success guaranteed. ;)

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi there, i have some models in .lwo2 format. I cant import them in Cheetah, and i have no other 3d software installed. Is there a converter somewhere on the web? i have done a few searches, but cant find any.

any help is helpful : )

regards

Jan A

Hi, you can download the light version of Vue 6 and this will let you import lwo2 and export in a number of formats.

lwo2 file export to .obj

If I am correct lwo2 files are Lightwave files. I export lightwave files as .obj file types from lightwave's export function. look in the file menu/export
hope this helps.

The obvious solution is to load them into Lightwave and export as fbx ;-)

If you don't have Lightwave -- well, LWO2 doesn't seem to be widely supported as yet. You might try looking for programs that support LWO and see if they also support LWO2 (Ultimate Unwrap 3D -- a Windows shareware program -- might be worth a look; it's kind of the "GraphicConverter" of the 3D world, but unfortunately Windows only).

If I am correct lwo2 files are Lightwave files. I export lightwave files as .obj file types from lightwave's export function. look in the file menu/export
hope this helps.

As Frank says, the problem is how to import them into cheetah.

Lw0-2

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/dataformats/lightwave/

is .lwo after LW 6,.

Blender imports them and with a bit of tweaking UV's too.

Not ideal but export from there to ac3d, dxf, 3ds... to Cheetah though no .lws info, just the objects.

m

Back