Arealight and grey ceiling

Arealight and grey ceiling

Can someone say to me, how I create it that the ceiling is also white? I use an arealight with about 50 samples, but the ceiling is always grey.
I'm new to Cheetah 3D and need help in many ways.

My English is bad. Please do not grumble.

Martin

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 418
Ah yes the old grey ceiling, I know it well! You can try a "distant" light in the middle of your room pointing straight up at the ceiling, it won't take much light. Other than that you can try spots pointing up or an ambient light in the middle of the room but that will flatten the scene too much I think.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I think this will work, but needs finetuning too...

Martin

Attachments

• test3.jpg
    test3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 319
Test No 3
How can I eliminate white marks on the wall? (wall-texture is plain white)

Martin

Attachments

• Test_2.jpg
    Test_2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 318
Did you also turn on radiosity? That might help eliminate the grey ceiling as well? Your image is already looking nice!

Regards,

Peter

Yes, radiosity is on. The specular to black did it. It's all work in progress, but I'll post the result in some days. How can I correct the distortion? I need a wide angel for this room.

Martin

Attachments

• 008_1.jpg
    008_1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 008_2.jpg
    008_2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 237
You need a parallax correction wide angle lens for that shot. Cheetah and other 3d programs I've tried lack this feature though I'm told Cinema 4D will have this in it's Architectural package. The best you can do is square up your camera and adjust the shot.

Or use the transform tools in Photoshop if you have it. You can change the distortion a little using perspective transform.

Regards,

Peter

man... i can't seem to get this done ... no matter wtf i do.

i have 4 area lights in a "box". material is plain white, specular is black.
a distant light doesn't seem to change anything.

someone willing to set up a simple scene really quick for me to compare?!

thanks guys,
.t0m

Specular is, essentially, a computationally inexpensive approximation for reflection. One option would be to have some global render setting which would treat allow you to treat all specular settings as reflectivity and the hardness value as a blur angle ... this would let you quickly do test renders, flip a switch, and voila ray-traced gorgeousness.

The reverse option would be to have a render setting which treated reflection settings as specular and angle as hardness. Then you could have a "draft render" and a "final render" button which did the obvious things. (Global render presets are very useful things, especially for testing lighting setups -- along with being able to drag a rectangle in a viewport and render it.)

Back