Portable Radio

Portable Radio

Hi Folks!

It's quite a time since I posted some work here ... so I thought I should post this one.

Modeled after 'the real thing' ... ok, basically its just a box with some cutouts and buttons. The surface has a rubber like finish and the line-in/out jack is of yellow plastic ... so its not supposed to be gold as one may think ;-)

Modeling was straight forward ... it required me to use the scalpel tool quite a lot more than it was the case in other projects.

Regards.

Attachments

• ProtableRadioLR.jpg
    ProtableRadioLR.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 741

Awesome job, Lots of nice detail.

If I where to criticize anything at all, it would be
that your I/Os are a bit faceted in the closeups.

Looks fine in the far shot though. :icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

Awesome job, Lots of nice detail.

If I where to criticize anything at all, it would be
that your I/Os are a bit faceted in the closeups.

Looks fine in the far shot though. :icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

Hi ZooHead ... Thanks for you feedback.

Totally agree with you concerning the I/Os ... It happens that I forgot to downscale the images before posting them.

BTW I think it would be a very useful feature for C3D to provide a Zoom functionality in the Render Manager window.

Regards.

:icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:
Great work, alot of details.
But whe also need a animated version!

Thanks for all the feedback.

Mmmmh ... an animated version ... I thought about that ... but at times around 350s per frame for 1280 x 720 (without DOF) it would take about 12 hours or so to render a 4 second animation.

I'll think about it ... But I fear it could fry up mac good old iMac. Perhaps a lower resolution ...

Regards.

Great job. Gallery-worthy!

One tiny tiny nit is that the display doesn't seem quite right. You've clearly gone to great lengths to get the non-uniform lighting of the display spot on, but the closeup of the LCD behind glass/plastic just seems a tiny bit wrong to me. For all I know you've nailed it and I'm deluded.

Hi folks,

as with most models, I think I spent 2 times the modeling time on composition lighting and of course texturing. Looking at the final result, one may think that the texture is quite simple and should have been a straight forward process. In part you are right, but I found that given the black finish it was very difficult to get it the way it looks now.

I tried several backgrounds and compositions, landscape, portrait, until I stuck with the Black-on-Black one. Usually I tend to adopt the 16:9 form factor but this time I found the portrait composition a lot nicer.

The key of this composition was the render tag with which I was able to control that the ground plane did not receive reflections from the HDRI and that the ground plane itself should not be visible in the reflections of the parts of the radio.

That basically did the trick and yield a look I was happy with.

@Podperson ... you are absolutely right. The display is looking a bit too flat. Actually it is a glass object with the backface flipped and an image texture applied. To be honest, the lighting of the display is nothing special ... I took a photo of the real display used as input to the material shader and with some color corrections in the diffuse and emission channels.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Regards.

This is amazing. I love it. Details are fantastic. Would love to pick up a few tips from that piece. Well done!

Really impressive detail.
I'd like to see you shed a little more light on it so we can appreciate the work that went into it though

Back