Face tutorial

Face tutorial

This is just a quick movie to demo making a face. I cannot keep the movie online for long because it's taking up a lot of room.
Video

Hope this helps.

Andrew :D

Hi,
very nice Andrew. It looks great. :D :D Does part one mean that there will come more until the hole face is finished?

Do you think that it would be possible to make a movie of creating a hole face which has a max. of 20-30 MByte? If it is not too big I could host it on my site forever.

By,
Martin

Do you think that it would be possible to make a movie of creating a hole face which has a max. of 20-30 MByte? If it is not too big I could host it on my site forever.

Now that's a challenge, but I'm up for it. Putting everything together and making the video may take me a few days.

P.S. Glad you liked it.

Hi,
oh that would be great. :D :D But please don't hurry. Take as much time as you want.

By,
Martin

P.S. The sound of your part one movie was a little quite. Maybe you could try to make it a little bit louder on your next movie.

Very nice video!!! Haven't had time to try it out myself, but weekend is coming!!

Regards,
Peter

Thanks Peter, that means a lot. I've included a quick hack.
face2.jpg

Have fun.

fused, this is an excellent tutorial. Here's my current effort, using the techniques you presented in the video:

Attachments

• picture_2_476.png
    picture_2_476.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 9,201
Hi Randy,
it's great to see that you are now in face modelling. You already have a very promising start. :D

Good luck for the rest of the head.

By,
Martin

fused, this is an excellent tutorial.
I'm glad its helped, your render looks really good. I did promise to make a tutorial showing how to make a complete head but my job has gotten in the way of my hobby. Hopefully in the next month or so things will quiten down and I'll be able to have a go. :D

Andrew

Andrew, thanks again for the tutorial. While it only dealt with a small part of the face, it introduced a number of techniques that I had no experience with at all - it was very, very useful.

I'm still trying to complete my own face... and sadly, the eyes are infinitely more difficult than I'd imagined, and I've ended up with an extremely messy mesh, and my eyeballs look nothing like eyeballs. Back to the drawing board. =)

-David

Update on my own facial project:

This took me about two hours of my free time over the last week (when I should have been revising for my exams at school ;) ), and I'll start touching up the details (adding lips, eyebrows, that kind of thing) fairly soon - any tips on making some ears for him, Andrew?

Also - any thoughts on why there is a point above the bridge of his nose that is extremely jagged, while all the other points on the face seem to smooth out nicely?

Attachments

• face_901.jpg
    face_901.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3,283
Hi David,
you made great progress. You also gave him very nice eyes. :D

Your buddy looks really angry. Ok I would be also angry without ears. :wink:

Now to the artifacts above the nose. Are you using the symmetry modifier? If yes could you ckeck if that point above the nose really snapped together. If that point is to far away from the symmetry plane the mesh won't be connected correctly at tha point.

Good luck for the ears. I think the ears are the most difficult part.

And good luck for your exams too. :D

By,
Martin

Martin, I couldn't fix the problem by playing around with the points, since the symmetry modifier snapped the points properly. I think the best solution would be to add another point a little bit above the jagged one, which will hopefully reduce the problem.

I'll tackle the ears next week. =)

Hi,
maybe you can solve the problem by adjusting the "smooth angle" property of the Polygonobject. If that doesn't work I have to see the mesh to say more. Maybe you could mail me the file.

By,
Martin

Can you hear me?

I needed an ear too, as you can see.
Done in Cheetah3d.

with kindest regards

Frank

Attachments

• hearing_aid_544.jpg
    hearing_aid_544.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,130
Hi Frank,
wow that is an excellent ear. Great work. Does that ear also has a hole body. :wink: Sorry but I can't get enough. 8)

By,
Martin

Back