I imagine swarms of these going out from the architects of space
and time and unloading new planets into the universe. (or something
like that ;-) I have alternate back-stories as well but I keep coming
back to this one.

I started with two basic shapes as the building blocks and "snapped"
them together into larger shapes to form the basis of the cage. The
inner sphere is just a default sphere with the "ocean" texture that
ships with Cheetah scaled to my liking and applied. The camera has
2 render tags enabled (HDRI and Radiosity for Ambient Occlusion)

Cheers!

Attachments

• blue_orbs.jpg
    blue_orbs.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 475
  • blue_orb_smaller.png
    blue_orb_smaller.png
    450 KB · Views: 487
  • blue_orb2_smaller.png
    blue_orb2_smaller.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 478
  • blue_orb3.jpg
    blue_orb3.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 481
Looks cool. The blue and white outlines remind me of Tron, where these machines form planets as you suggested.

Thanks 'Sid. :cool:

I thought about Tron when I first started these renders.

That would be a cool subject for a weekly challenge at some point I think: ... to Tron-ify various objects.

Thanks 'Sid. :cool:

I thought about Tron when I first started these renders.

That would be a cool subject for a weekly challenge at some point I think: ... to Tron-ify various objects.

That would be cool.

I need to try modeling a light cycle if I get the chance. The Tron and Tron Legacy Light Cycles are quite different from one another in design, but very cool and always an inspiration. Thanks for posting your creations.

I hear the script for the 3rd movie is underway and we might see it in theaters by 2017 possibly. A long wait since 2010... And before that, 1982.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Legacy

Bonus points for including another realistic facial model of the young Jeff Bridges. :icon_thumbup:

:mrgreen: That's funny. They did a great job on the face though the movement is always the tricky part to replicate.

I hear they're doing the same technique of having the actor wear a green hood mask and then merging in his younger animated face; for Terminator Genesis with Arnold doing the motion capture and him being the person the digital face will be mapped onto in the movie; next summer 2015.

Back