Gadget mode and Tweak mode in v 6.3.2

Gadget mode and Tweak mode in v 6.3.2

I've just purchased C3D v 6.3.2 and learning how use the modelling tools. Could someone tell me how to access Gadget mode and Tweak mode? They're in the Transform palette in several tutorials, but I can't find them. I'm very new to 3D modelling, so I could be missing something obvious. Is there a secret keyboard command?

Thanks,
Ian

Not quite working

Hello Frank,
Thanks for the video link. I recreated the ball, cone and box and set up a hot key. Snapping worked and moving the Gadget mode cyan point/handle was straightforward. I then selected the cone, but when I selected the box again, the cyan point/handle had reverted to its original position in the centre of the box. I didn't change any of the settings in the Transform palette, which are the same as on the video.

Rotating an object on an edge (like a hinge) is a useful feature that I'd hoped to create with gadget mode. Several tutorials show this, but when I tried it, the gadget rotated and the object remained unrotated.

I'll try again tomorrow. If you can think of something I might have overlooked, please let me know.

Thanks, Ian

Gadget-mode is 2 steps: First you align the transform-tool to the point/edge/polygon then you leave the gadget-mode (the center ball turns from cyan to grey again) and do the operation you want to; scale/move/rotate.

Cheers
Frank

Success!

I discovered the answer by accident:

To leave gadget mode, double-click the cyan ball. The rotation effect that I was trying to achieve now works.

Thanks, Ian

Hi Bob.
That´s strange - still opens in a new browser window for me. No error message by browser when you click on the links?
Will a right-click->Download Linked source to… on that preview images work alternatively? If that´s not working I can send them over (11, 21MB) in 2 tranches maybe.

Last edited:
Hi Bob & Frank
:sick: No help, but: Martin´s videos work cleanly on my iMac / MacOS Monterey 12.2 in Safari.

Back