Target Not pointing right.

Target Not pointing right.

I did a search and found an old post stating the p= -90 or something I did not understand.
What I'm wondering is when you add a target tag to a ball(eye) facing forward Z axis
and you add a target object in front of it for the ball (eye) to look at, it doesn't. instead the ball (eye) turns around backwards.??
That does not seem right.:confused:

Attachments

• Target.gif
    Target.gif
    241.3 KB · Views: 235
I did a search and found an old post stating the p= -90 or something I did not understand.
What I'm wondering is when you add a target tag to a ball(eye) facing forward Z axis
and you add a target object in front of it for the ball (eye) to look at, it doesn't. instead the ball (eye) turns around backwards.??
That does not seem right.:confused:

No, this is right.
Have a look at the "Target tag " help file, indicating : " Target Object: The object to which the -Z axis of the tags owner object will point to "
I agree that this can be a little confusing.
Maybe one day Martin can add a switch to use the -Z axis or the +Z axis so there is no need to retransform and burn the tag owner after adding a target tag. But there are maybe some constraints that do not allow to do this.

No, this is right.
Have a look at the "Target tag " help file, indicating : " Target Object: The object to which the -Z axis of the tags owner object will point to "
I agree that this can be a little confusing.
Maybe one day Martin can add a switch to use the -Z axis or the +Z axis so there is no need to retransform and burn the tag owner after adding a target tag. But there are maybe some constraints that do not allow to do this.

I have looked at the help file first thing I do. But I do not understand what I must do to make it work the way I'd like it to.
How do you do this?: retransform and burn the tag owner after adding a target tag. a picture is worth a thousand words.:wink:

... But I do not understand what I must do to make it work the way I'd like it to ...

I'm not sure why the -Z or +Z axis is bothering you. It may make more sense to have the target in front of the object but if it's behind the idea is the same.

If you know that you are going to add a target on an untextured object, just rotate it 180° before adding a target (don't burn the transform) and then make your object editable and texture it as you want.
If your object is already textured then place your target object along the +z axis of your targeting object ( so, in front of your object, as you like ) before adding the target tag. Adding the target tag will rotate your object 180°. On your object, go into polygon edit mode, select all and rotate 180°. Switch back to object mode for your object and move your target.

I'm not sure why the -Z or +Z axis is bothering you.

If you know that you are going to add a target on an untextured object, just rotate it 180° before adding a target (don't burn the transform) and then make your object editable and texture it as you want.
If your object is already textured then place your target object along the +z axis of your targeting object ( so, in front of your object, as you like ) before adding the target tag. Adding the target tag will rotate your object 180°. On your object, go into polygon edit mode, select all and rotate 180°. Switch back to object mode for your object and move your target.
Not bothered just wondering why.
This worked just fine, Thanks for your time and teaching.

Back