Cheetah3D 7.0 - Early Adopters Beta Test

brush tool?

No? Have you selected the vertex-paint tag again?

Cheers
Frank

Just tried to use the vertex paint tag.
But I can not activate the brush tool. Have you got any idea what ist wrong in my setting?:confused:
Kind regards

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-15 um 16.41.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-15 um 16.41.01.png
    412.1 KB · Views: 667
Hi,
I've improved my FBX and Collada importers for Beta 16. Now they convert polygon vertex colors to vertex colors. That's not a 100% lossless conversion but it should be better than nothing.

In your case it works pretty well.

Bye
Martin

That's outstanding! An awesome time saver for C3D. Thanks & it's greatly appreciated Martin:redface: :icon_thumbup:

Version 7 beta:
How can I set up two render settings with different resolutions. one at 960 X 540 and another at 2256 X1249 and be able to switch between them.

Hi unlcle808us,

I've just updated my monitor resolution script to work with v7. I didn't set it up to target a specific renderer. It will work with whichever one is the currently set one. You can change any of the resolutions I have set in the script to whatever resolution(s) you prefer.

Technically both of these should have gone in the download section, but I just left them in the general area so I wouldn't have to create a new thread.

Camera Aspect Ratio v7 Thread

will we get a video trailer showing all of the new features and changes of 7.0?

That would be a little bit long since v7 has so many new features. Even the quite lengthy v7 feature list which comes with the v7 download is incomplete.

Bye
Martin

Cheetah3D 7.0 Beta 16 = :icon_thumbup:

I haven't had any issues with it at all. Very, very solid. (The other betas have been good, too.)

Cheetah3d 7.0

Hello Martin

Thank you for the beta update, Im looking forward to really exploring the new features. One thing I have noticed is that the scroll wheel on my mouse no longer allows to zoom in on or out of an object on the stage. Any suggestions ( I still use the older version and this still allows this function).

Thanks

John

One thing I have noticed is that the scroll wheel on my mouse no longer allows to zoom in on or out of an object on the stage. Any suggestions ( I still use the older version and this still allows this function).
Holding ⌥ and using the scroll wheel (or trackpad gesture) does it. I’m not sure, but it feels like an intentional and probably a good change. I definitely used to accidentally bump the camera position previously, but don’t now.

And watch out because the Select Tool panel is the only place to see the selection radius,
but I use the Transform tool much more often so I'm essentially working blind.
I have to keep switching back to the Select Tool to see if I inadvertently touched the
scroll wheel, which changes the selection radius. One click and I'm selecting half my model. :(

Maybe Martin could at least put the selection radius field on the Transform Tools panel.

I would prefer some way to switch off the scroll wheel selection radius control.

Back