Noob Question: merging vertices, not polygons

Noob Question: merging vertices, not polygons

G'day one and all, a day old C3D virgin here so please be gentle ;)

I'm playing around with C3D and trying to merge 3 vertices close to a edge of a plane, I'm looking for the C3D equivalent of blenders merge vertices (w) function.

The only thing close I've found is the collapse function but that does as it says and collapses the polygon not merge vertices.

in the example below I want to merge the three vertices into one point in the row on each row circled, but using collapse causes me problems with triangles

and if I try and collapse an edge I loose the edge.

Regards,

Stephen...

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 12.59.15 am.png

Ok I kinda worked around it by using point sliding the vertices I wanted merged close together then applying an optimise and upping the weld radius until they became one point. Is there an easier way to do this, or is this the correct way?

Thanks

G'day one and all, a day old C3D virgin here so please be gentle ;)

I'm playing around with C3D and trying to merge 3 vertices close to a edge of a plane, I'm looking for the C3D equivalent of blenders merge vertices (w) function.

The only thing close I've found is the collapse function but that does as it says and collapses the polygon not merge vertices.

in the example below I want to merge the three vertices into one point in the row on each row circled, but using collapse causes me problems with triangles

and if I try and collapse an edge I loose the edge.

Regards,

Stephen...

View attachment 22693

Try the wield tool. it has two choices wield to the middle and wield to first chosen vertice. (point) that should work.:smile:

Last edited:
Good Day, mate

I am reasonably sure that I misunderstand your question but:
* To merge 2 vertices you need to:
* select the two points (in point mode)
* use the transform tool
* drag the scale box of the appropriate axis (presumably the Z-axis)

* In my example the points are not merged but their distance is merely reduced.

* Of course, Uncle Bob´s method will work, as well.

Cheers to Down Under
Helmut

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 20.20.47.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 20.20.47.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Try the wield tool. it has two choices wield to the middle and wield to first chosen vertice. (point) that should work.:smile:

Perfect work well thanks although it only works on two vertices at a time still gets the job done :)

Thanks for your help

Back