When I reopen a file things have moved???

When I reopen a file things have moved???

I have had this happen twice now in the last week.
I work on some items this time it was some doors for toolboxes on a truck and when I reopen the file the doors have all moved away from their original locations.

Before that I was working on a pump and after reopening it a few days later all of the parts of the pump had moved away from the normal location.

I know this is weird but I am wondering if there's a bug I don't know about.

Hi Tony,
This generally happens when, by mistake, you have recorded the prime parameters (position, rotation and scale) before using a transform operation.
Check the F-curve editor panel for any entries and either delete or update the key.
You also may want to delete the keyboard shortcut, by default Cmd+0.
Cheers to Down Under:smile:

Thank you Helmut,

You are a lifesaver, I was hoping it was something like that as you lose confidence in a tool when things move after closing a file.
I think I have sorted it out. I can't find the keyboard shortcut you mentioned though.

G'day to Vienna!

Hi Tony,
You find that option under Preferences plus the tab Keyboard.
Cheers (don´t forget to email a six-pack of Cooper´s ale when the bottle-o openness tomorrow:tongue: )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 12.35.45.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 12.35.45.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 186
Thank you for clarifying that the Record Key was the shortcut I needed to watch out for. All good now.

Once last question if you have the time, if not its not a problem I know what its like to have a never ending series of questions believe me.

Once I finish this model I need to create an animation for the person I am making the model for that needs to rotate the truck and show all of the doors opening etc on tool boxes.

Would you recommend using another tool for the rendering work once the model is made that is still reasonably priced or should I solely stick with Cheetah3d for that?

I actually had some Kopparberg Swedish Cider tonight from the bootle-o but I do enjoy Coopers Pale Ale actually.
Looks like a beautiful day in Vienna and a fresh 16 degrees, enjoy.
I am off to bed its after 2am here.

Hi Tony,
You can upload your zipped .jas file (simplified if need be, plus brief specs on the required animations / rotations / doors flapping) and we will give you suitable advice.
Don´t worry about asking questions. There is a remotely controlled plug in the vicinity of Tasmania which relocates the Wizards of Oz to Kansas.
Cheers from Up Above :rolleyes:

Back