Just a couple of nice words

Just a couple of nice words

Hello,

I'm new to these forums. I used Blender a little bit a while ago. Then I put it away for a while. When I tried using it again a couple of months later, I found I had forgotten all the important key-commands, so my Blender-powers were close to non-existant. Then I read about Cheetah on the idevgames.com forums.

I've spent the last couple of hours reading on this forum and looking at pictures made with Cheetah - and I think this program has potential. I'll get Panther second-hand tomorrow or monday, and then I'll actually get to try this program. (Can't wait).

Everything seems so logical and simple. And Martin seems like a wise man, who knows to do few things at a time, instead of everything at once. I believe this is one of the reasons for the simplicity of the program. I believe it will be true fun to try this program. And even more fun whenever bones are added to animation - though I hope Martin will not rush this at the cost of the thought-through user experience this program seems to have.

I, for my part, will have to learn to make good 3D models before I should really think about animating them with bones and stuff. (The one thing at a time thing again.. ;))

I'll post again in this thread later when I've tried the program to tell if my first experiences with the program equaled the expectations. For now I just wanted to share my first impressions. :)

Hi,
thank you very much for your nice words. :D

As you've already said. Adding skelatal animation the right way is a difficult task. I'm thinking about that since quite some time. On the others side are there also some other nice features which I want to add. Why do these damm days just have 24 hours. 8)

By,
Martin

Back