Pirate Cave

Pirate Cave

So this is my first render with Cheetah. I like it but I'd love some feedback on what could be improved and why. The goal is to learn here! I was going for a cartoony look (hence the textures used), and the idea is that you're looking into the mouth of a small cave where someone has stashed a crate of gold pieces.

And without further ado...

PirateCave1.png

Hi,

It's very nice, good job.

These are just personal opinions because it's very subjective. I would like to see things "aged" more, not so clean. In addition the dirt in front of your chest could be in a little more shadow as it competes for attention with the chest of gold. Overall I think the lighting could be a little more dramatic.

Hello
Nice, but i agree, that everything is tooo clean. Also, some bumpmaps for the ground and the chest could make it better.

Looking good so far. One small issue, the mapping of the dark wood on the chest needs a bit of attention.

Andrew

Thanks guys!

re: Dirt

It's meant to be fairly cartoony and I don't want to scuff everything up and give up that look.

re: Bump maps

Sadly, I have to say that everything in that scene has a bump map. The fact that it isn't apparent means my lighting must need a lot of work. :)

re: Coins

I attached an image showing the material settings for the coins. I used that material and I used the Radiosity tag when i rendered the scene. Voila, gold light bouncing around!

m_goldcoins2.jpg

CoinMaterial.jpg

Last edited:
Back