Newbee library for Q&D simplex components

Newbee library for Q&D simplex components

I am considering the idea to generate a library of fairly simple basic elements which would help beginners in 3D modelling. The objects would all be parametric examples and could be downloaded by newcomers, incorporated into some model and edited as required.

* If accepted, a separate section of the forum may be set up for this purpose. Of course, numerous existing solutions from the general forum could be transferred to this new library.
* Most of us have accumulated stacks of such simpleton models. Making these available to people who are just starting out in 3D modelling may also be a profitable marketing strategy.

I would appreciate some feedback from both neophytes and experienced users.
:smile: Useful idea
:frown: Rubbish

Needless to say, the good Doctor makes the decisions :tongue:

Attachments

• LS01.png
    LS01.png
    293 KB · Views: 264
  • LS02.png
    LS02.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 246
  • LS03.png
    LS03.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 256
  • LS04.png
    LS04.png
    237 KB · Views: 251
  • LS05.png
    LS05.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 256
:-D Thanks for offering this Helmut!

I think this would be a great help for all . . . Not just beginners.
Sure hope you hear from others on this offer.
Right now I don’t have any requests as I’m still obsessing over the physics part of a project I’ve been working on for some time.
Never-the-less I’m sure I’ll come up with requests as I work on other projects.

Hi Jeanny

For obscure reasons your posting turns up with Hanzi or Kanji symbols where you have used apostrophes.

A Copy & Paste:
I think this would be a great help for all . . . Not just beginners.
Sure hope you hear from others on this offer.
Right now I don have any requests as I still obsessing over the physics part of a project Ie been working on for some time.
Never-the-less I sure Il come up with requests as I work on other projects.

Has anybody else experienced this odd dysfunction? It certainly has never happened before and may be a Yosemite / Mail bug :frown:

For obscure reasons your posting turns up with Hanzi or Kanji symbols where you have used apostrophes.

Has anybody else experienced this odd dysfunction? It certainly has never happened before and may be a Yosemite / Mail bug :frown:
No, everything clear at my Yosi! ;)
--
Nice idea to learn the parametric creation way, thanks.
I'm a Poly tweaker...

Looks fine over here.

Because it takes me some time to express myself, I always type out my post in pages and then copy and past it into Cheetah's request window.
This time I did it only by typing into Cheetah's request form.
I just installed Yosemite yesterday. I wonder if I messed something up?
I'm typing the words that use apostrophes directly into the request window now to see if it happens again: don't i've I'll I'm

Don´t worry Jeanny :smile:
It looks perfect on the C3D Forum for others and me. For some reason, the automatic forwarding to my mailbox interpreted those apostrophised words as either Hanzi or Kanji logographics (I don´t know the difference, being illiterate in any of the Chinese languages and in Japanese).
νο προβλεμ, as we Greeks say :rolleyes:

Back