Massimo Mug Build

Thanks for another great tutorial. Very thorough and easy to follow. On video vs a series of animated gifs, I think the gifs work equally as well. It's a nice way of breaking the tutorial down into easily digestable chunks of information. Each chunk can be referenced for other projects as well and they are easy to browse. I can see myself coming back to view these individual animations (mini tutorials) a number of times.

Thanks Chris, ideally I would like to create both for every project, but
that is a lot of work and I start to get burned out towards the end.

The nice thing about gifs is the ability to use Preview to go frame by frame.
Then if any doubt remains, the video should clear that up.

I hope I haven't dredged up any childhood trauma,
and I'm available If you want to talk it out. :smile:

It's still too painful!

teapot-for-masochists.jpeg

I started working through the tutorial but when I get to step 6 - Select, Cover and pull up with transform - I don't see the cover part. I can do a loop select for the top of the object and pull it up but that does not produce the image I see on your screen.

Can you help me see what I missed?

Cover is in essence 2 steps:
first will just double selected polygons or edges
secondly you need to pull out the new geometry.

Cheers
Frank

I started working through the tutorial but when I get to step 6 - Select, Cover and pull up with transform - I don't see the cover part. I can do a loop select for the top of the object and pull it up but that does not produce the image I see on your screen.

Can you help me see what I missed?

The Cover Tool is in Tools/Polygon/Cover.

When you use the cover tool nothing seems to happen, but as Frank says,
it creates new geometry. Then just use the Transform Gadget to pull it out.

Be careful with it, if you hit it multiple times you'll get extra geometry each time.
I have it assigned to my C key, although it may be better to use a modifier key for safety.

The Cover Tool is in Tools/Polygon/Cover.

When you use the cover tool nothing seems to happen, but as Frank says,
it creates new geometry. Then just use the Transform Gadget to pull it out.

Be careful with it, if you hit it multiple times you'll get extra geometry each time.
I have it assigned to my C key, although it may be better to use a modifier key for safety.

How do you make a modifier key? Thanks

I apologize for asking so many questions. You obviously know I am a beginner with Cheetah3D.

I got to the point where the center line is selected in edge mode and the tool --> bevel is selected. For me, nothing happens. I don't get to the image with 6 sections. What happens between image 12 and 13?

No problem, that's what what we're here for.

Can you send a screen shot, I can't quite tell where you are.

I see the problem, the Bevel Tool needs a click and drag to set the spread distance.

It works a bit like the Inner Extrude Tool, if your familiar with that.

Back