Is there a way to bridge two points in Cheetah3D

Is there a way to bridge two points in Cheetah3D

I am working on a model, and I added two points to a line, but don't see a command to bridge them with a line. Seeing that you can add points, it seems logical to me that you could add a line between them.

Though I am not seeing how to do it ('Bridge' doesn't seem to work in that fashion).

Any help would be appreciated.

A screenshot would help. Are you talking about splines or polygons?
You can build polygons from points - but two points won´t make 1 polygon.

Cheers
Frank

A screenshot would help. Are you talking about splines or polygons?
You can build polygons from points - but two points won´t make 1 polygon.

Cheers
Frank

Sure. Here's a picture. What i want to do is draw a line through the three points circled in red so that they are joined by a line.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-08-02 15.36.15.png
    Screenshot 2015-08-02 15.36.15.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 356
You can use the scalpel-tool to connect those points - BUT you don´t have to introduce points in first place - exception withheld.

Cheers
Frank

You can use the scalpel-tool to connect those points - BUT you don´t have to introduce points in first place - exception withheld.

Cheers
Frank

I really didn't want to, but I started from a cube, and i noticed that if I begin to create too many cuts too early it makes the model harder to sculpt accurately.

And if I don't add enough, I run into a problem of another sort.

In this instance, i didn't have a edge that I could use to divide the windshield from the hood(?) and it's necessary for the integrity of the design.

Not quite sure what you´re talking about - but it seems you can go with the half of the mesh plus a symmetry-modifier. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Hello,

Can you send a screenshot in wireframe mode (perhaps have you a problem with your mesh) ?

Last edited:
You can use the scalpel-tool to connect those points - BUT you don´t have to introduce points in first place
I really didn't want to, but I started from a cube, and i noticed that if I begin to create too many cuts too early it makes the model harder to sculpt accurately.

And if I don't add enough, I run into a problem of another sort.

The solution at this stage of your model, to connect the three points, is to use the Scalpel Tool as Frank suggested. Select tool and connect the dots. Frank also mentioned there is no real need to ADD points before using the scalpel tool. The tool automatically adds a point when you click on an edge.

Suggestion: when box modeling a car, Extrude, Inner-extrude, Cover, Ring-cut & Point-slide; do a lot of the heavy work when creating new geometry. Good luck with it. Cheers.

Back