Panton Chair

Panton Chair

Kevin Hui's... from PushPullBar... fantastic SketchUp model of the Panton fibreglass chair played around with in brilliant Cheetah3D...

a few issues to resolve with antialiasing on the window framing/glazing junctions...

cheers
Trevor

Attachments

• panton_s_196.jpg
    panton_s_196.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,873
Nice Trevor, I think I can see myself in that chair. I want to see 100 of them all together!

Hi Trevor,

I think the AA (antialiasing) is good, but I think it has something to do with the mesh itself. Are there any double faces? I have this problem when I import an sketchup model where two faces are 0 units apart. Check your model. Maybe another thing to try is lowering the refraction of your glass (if there's any).
Good Luck,

Regards,
Peter

Thanks Peer... I think you may well be right about the mesh/double face idea...

the glazing seal was added afterwards and was added on top of the actual framing... bugga...!!!

means I have to go back to SU and then bring it back in go thru all the re-applying of the materials yet again... already did that 3 times...

I will have another go and post the results... just I am rendering out at 1280x854 to match my PB desktop... :D

cheers
Trevor

This one is for Jake... :)

Jake... you wanted 100 of them...

cheers
Trevor

Attachments

• 100pantons_s_118.jpg
    100pantons_s_118.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,649
You bastard... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

there goes another couple of hours of computer processing time...

you will have to wait until I get home

i hate to bring this up but a much higher viewing angle would be nice too! Might give it an abstract painting quality if the frame was filled edge to edge with red chairs with the one white slightly off center to draw your eye into the image.

Am I thinking about this too much?

Jake said:
Am I thinking about this too much?

not at all... you are looking at the seriousness of this as an abstraction of the pedogogical formation of artiistically valid expressions of visual diseminations of the sentiments of order and ballance within a world of chaos, dicord and and breaking down of the harmonious relationships between man and object...

so an attempt will be made to satisfy your meaderings within the panton chair aesthetic...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy Cow,

It is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that you have juxtaposed the anomalous with the ambiguous.

Allright here's where my english is failing :p But hey, your dutch is probably not that good aswell :) Hope you took care of the AA problem (anti-aliasing that is).? Nice pictures BTW.!!!

Thanx Peer...

my Dutch is DEFINITELY worse that your English... even my English is worse than your English... and it is my native language... :lol:

the solution to the AA problem was not another drink :lol: but as you said the SU double layering of faces issue...

have done a test render to show that that was the fix but just have not got to do a good render of it yet... as I screwed up the floor trying to get my marble tiles to work only to have it become totally washed out with too much light reflective off of it even tho I turned the lights right down

will do another render of it tonight if I get a chance...

cheers
Trevor

Back