White Flash in renders

White Flash in renders

Hello everyone,

When I render any animation I make, it renders at least one frame in the middle as all white. It looks like a flash bulb going off in my animation. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi.
That is strange indeed. It take place at frame 340. So it´s above the 10sec.
Try to localize this spezial key within your animation for elimination or simple cut it out your movie.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• Flash.png
    Flash.png
    17 KB · Views: 312
Hi,
I'm sorry for that problem. I'm already aware of it but until now I don't really now what is causing it. Especially since it is quite difficult to reproduce.
I startet to see that odd behaviour after I updated to OS X 10.4.9. So I'm not sure if that problem was possibly introduced by 10.4.9.

I will try to find a solution for that problem for Cheetah3D 4.3.

Bye,
Martin

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be repeatable. It happened only once to me, and when I rendered the same file again with no changes, it worked fine. That is going to make it tough to find.

In my case, it was the first frame of an animation, so the only connection I can see about longer animations is that the odds are greater with more frames.

Bill

In my case, it was the first frame of an animation, so the only connection I can see about longer animations is that the odds are greater with more frames.

This is another X-file from the deep of MacOSX. First frame of a 0,2 sec Animation without any content. Not repeatable.

Frank

Attachments

• 1frame.png
    1frame.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 247
Flash in Leopard

Hello All,
I am also getting a white flash rendering out of leopard 10.5.2 with c3d 4.4.
Happened on 3 renders so far all in different spots.
Thanks

Hi,
it took me quite some time but I finally found that bug. It will be fixed in v4.5.

Sorry for the problems and that it took so long to fix that bug.

Bye,
Martin

Back