16:9 output?

16:9 output?

Hi
I was wondering if there was a way to output my rendered quicktime animation in 16:9, or would i have to change the dimensions to something that equated to a 16:9 ratio?

thanks

Hi and welcome.
Check your Camera properties and find the "Output" section. Type any resolution in (within 4096x4096 max res) like 640x360 for example.

With kindest regards
Frank

I would recommend to set the "camera output" AND when saving the animation to set the "size" (to the same value as the camera output) and not to use "current".

It was a time, don't know if this now fixed (Martin ?), when QT was using the size of the render/preview window as the "current" size parameter which may not be the size of the "camera output".

Cheers

Pierre

movie output settings

Dear felektitanic0

Like Frank says in the camera res height and width choose a measurement that you want to render at ( remember that the higher the resolution the longer the render times).

Don't forget to set a frame rate American standard is 30fps and Europe is 25fps ( that two will have an inpact on the render times.

Then once you have rendered the move save as (see screengrab) say a .mov file.
So Movie to Quicktime Movie >> go to settings and set the compression and quality. ( advice here always Millions of colours + Quality High and a bit rate that allows smooth download / streaming ( 900 to 1500 Kbits / sec should do it)

and don't forget to match the size of the camera resolution to the output size

There is a lot more to optimising movie files but that should keep you on the straight and narrow for now

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I remember once upon a time one of ElectricImage's better known users wrote a tutorial which included a helpful hint to improve rendering time:

render everything at 24 fps -- if it's good enough for Hollywood feature films, it's good enough for TV! (Most high quality TV shows were, at the time, still shot on film -- i.e. 24 fps -- and then interpolated to 25/30/50/60 fps.)

thanks for your help everyone. Set it to render at 12 this morning and has been rendering for 14 hours with almost a quarter complete lol!

That also brings me on to another question, i want to try rendering it on another better spec mac, how do i export the whole project as it would appear on the original computer?

thanks

If you have object or material libraries it may become tactical to use disc images and/or symbolic links.

If your machines are on a common network, as Smart Folders, HDR and Textures are loaded when opening the animation file, you may simply do the render from the original project location (through the network).

-Pierre

Last edited:
What about going into fbx export preferences, checking the embed textures box, and exporting the scene as fbx into an empty folder?
AC

Back