Weld tool not working?

Weld tool not working?

Not sure what's going on because I am following the Cheetah Help manual in the weld instructions, but it's not working. I have created the exact same planes as the example, made them editable, but I can only see the points on one object at a time. I am in point mode, and if i select one plane, then select one point on that plane, as soon as i touch the corresponding point on the other plane - it drops the original selection and does nothing else.
What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?
I guess you have different meshes. To weld these you have to make tthem one object first by using "Import children"; see Help.
Snapping will work though - but not welding.

Cheers
Frank

PS: since Cheetah3dv7 "Merge" is the new "import children".

Last edited:
Awesome Frank, that worked beautifully, thanks so much!
I didn't know about the "import children" thing (I'm still learning) and the instructions in the 6.2.1 manual for welding didn't mention that, so I was pulling my hair out like crazy!
Can you give me one more heads-up though?
In the case of "import children", are there any other tools or commands where would have to use the "import children" tool before completing a given task with another tool, that AREN'T noted in the 6.2.1 manual instructions?
Just asking because I don't want to bug you guys with basic questions on the forum, and the instructions aren't completely clear in a step-by-step way.
The other night for example, I was going crazy over the "optimize" tool...finally figured out that i had to hit the "okay" button in the tool palette to complete the task. It didn't mention that in the instructions either. :)
Thanks so much Frank! I love this software!

..finally figured out that i had to hit the "okay" button in the tool palette to complete the task.
Oh well - most of the tools need some adjustments or confirmation at least - they are often underestimated but yet so powerful at the same time.
Ask whatever you want - we´ll try to find the right answer in a short amount of time for sure. :p

Cheers
Frank

In that case I will develop a habit of being mindful of the tools palette settings and check them whenever something doesn't work the way I expected, especially for the headless tools. Hopefully that will allow me to cut down on asking way too many basic questions, so that when I am up to the point of asking the complex ones - you guys won't already be sick of me!
I pick my battles! :)
You're awesome Frank!
Thanks brother.

Back