Maximum resolution and precise movement

Maximum resolution and precise movement

Hello, I have 2 questions. The first, what is the maximum resolution for a render (I read somewhere that this is 2048x2048, but is this correct? If so can it be bigger in a next release :p ). The second, is it possible to precisely move a point or face? If I want to model a building in Cheetah, I want my units to be in millimeters, I can ofcourse take 1 unit for 1 mm, but when I want to convert it back to Sketchup or Vectorworks, will it be in scale? I would be nice if a numeric value can be set during moving (a bit like sketchup).

Re: Maximum resolution and precise movement

peer said:
The first, what is the maximum resolution for a render (I read somewhere that this is 2048x2048, but is this correct? If so can it be bigger in a next release :p ).

How much would be enough? Because I have to limit it to some size. Otherwise I would get a bug report that the to render crashed when trying to render a 1.000.000x1.000.000 image. :wink:

peer said:
The second, is it possible to precisely move a point or face? If I want to model a building in Cheetah, I want my units to be in millimeters, I can ofcourse take 1 unit for 1 mm, but when I want to convert it back to Sketchup or Vectorworks, will it be in scale?

Have you tried the quantize option of the transform tool. This helps you at least to move a object just by certain steps.
I'm not to familiar with SketchUP but you can define a export scale factor for every file exporter in the preferences window. So you can scale the scene to the size you need for SketchUp while exporting.

By,
Martin

Thanks for the reply Martin. A max resolution of 5000x5000 would be enough for me. This way I can render postersize images. I am aware of the quantize tool, but I wished it was possible to use numeric movement. Maybe something for the wishlist :) As for the scale, I will try out some things. Again thanks for the quick response!!!

peer said:
A max resolution of 5000x5000 would be enough for me.

That's quite a lot. For the first I've increased the max resolution to 4096x4096 since I like numbers which are powers of 2. :D
I hope that's enough.

By,
Martin

Martin that would be great! It sounds logical to use 4096x4096, it's more practical for your calculations right? I'm looking forward to it! Thanks.

Regards,
Peter

That's quite a lot. For the first I've increased the max resolution to 4096x4096 since I like numbers which are powers of 2. :D
I hope that's enough.

By,
Martin

This resolution is realy good, I wish it could be around 5000, that would be perfect for me. (personal wish-list :smile:) Martin thank you for the 4096!

Back