Smart Folders

Smart Folders

I am trying to better organize my models in SketchUp so that when I import them into Cheetah I have a better handle on what is what when I look at the object browser. In SU, I have been naming groups in the Outliner. I was hoping that if I did this on the front end, when I got into Cheetah I would see my group names in the smart folder but I am not.

I am exporting from SU as a 3ds extension. Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

This is odd...

I tried throwing away the Cheetah prefs and the SU prefs and got the same results. But after closing both apps later and starting from scratch, I was able to see the group names in the object browser. I can't explain it but it appears to be working now.

I am trying to better organize my models in SketchUp so that when I import them into Cheetah I have a better handle on what is what when I look at the object browser. In SU, I have been naming groups in the Outliner. I was hoping that if I did this on the front end, when I got into Cheetah I would see my group names in the smart folder but I am not.

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,
The .FBX export is usually a better choice with Sketchup. Just do a search in this forum with "Sketchup" and you will get several posts dealing wih this.

Back