Cheetah3D 4.3 Beta 1

Hi Martin,

Ive noticed a minor bug in the uv editor, Ive assigned q as the hotkey for the move tool, and in the UV editor I can go to and from the scale and rotate tools(using hotkeys w and e) but if i go to q to enable the move tool, it doesnt enable it.

This is quite similar to the other recent issue where i described group select in the UV editor as not working when assigned to a hotkey. I think podperson confirmed this.

Also as your aware I believe, this build (at start of thread) seems to export multiple UV's to fbx, but the same file saved natively as .jas only seems to retain the first uv set.

Thanks again
AaronCross

Ive noticed a minor bug in the uv editor, Ive assigned q as the hotkey for the move tool, and in the UV editor I can go to and from the scale and rotate tools(using hotkeys w and e) but if i go to q to enable the move tool, it doesnt enable it.

I've tested it on my Mac and q worked fine for the move tool. Also in the UV editor.

This is quite similar to the other recent issue where i described group select in the UV editor as not working when assigned to a hotkey. I think podperson confirmed this.

That's a bug. It will be fixed in the next beta.

Also as your aware I believe, this build (at start of thread) seems to export multiple UV's to fbx, but the same file saved natively as .jas only seems to retain the first uv set.

I've tested .jas files with multiple UVs in Unity and they worked. I will once again test it later.

If you have various versions of Cheetah3D on your HD it is possible that Unity uses a older version for the .jas->.fbx version which didn't understand UV2 yet.

Bye,
Martin

I've tested it on my Mac and q worked fine for the move tool. Also in the UV editor.

If you have various versions of Cheetah3D on your HD it is possible that Unity uses a older version for the .jas->.fbx version which didn't understand UV2 yet.

Hi Martin,
Can you toggle back and forth between move and scale/rotate in the UV editor? I cant get back to move once If I go to either of the others.

How is the best method to uninstall previous builds of Cheetah to sort out the native .jas 2 uv sets issue?
thanks
AaronC

Can you toggle back and forth between move and scale/rotate in the UV editor? I cant get back to move once If I go to either of the others.

YES, I can. Very strange.

How is the best method to uninstall previous builds of Cheetah to sort out the native .jas 2 uv sets issue?

Maybe try beta 3 first. If it still doesn't work throughing the apps into the trash and emptying it is bullet proof.

Bye,
Martin

Light mapping, UV Mapper, Vertex painting, what's next!??!

Martin you da man! Cheetah is quickly becoming my favorite 3D app. I've been through Carrara, Lightwave, Blender, Maya and Poser. Cheetah seems to have all the features I need in one program, with an easier implementation than any of the other apps. And it's so clean and fast. Really great work. Thanks.

Randy

Back