Hide and Unhide

Hide and Unhide

Hi Guys, 2 quick questions for the experts.

Is there a way to hide selected and unhide all in a keyboard shortcut? Is there a way to hide all but selected, or isolate selected?

Now that my scene is getting more complicated its getting difficult to have to click on each and use the little checkbox in the property window.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

The mode tag can hide objects, as for selections I don't think you can set up hot keys for them you'll just have to use the selections menu.

Is there a way to hide selected and unhide all in a keyboard shortcut? Is there a way to hide all but selected, or isolate selected?

You might want to put something like this in the wish list. It's fairly easy to do with scripts, I would think. (Haven't tried, but don't see why not.)

Hide all but selected or wireframe all but selected would rock in my opinion. A lot of 3d programs let you set different viewport rendering options for selected vs. unselected objects, which is also very useful.

Here's a tool version, it might be easier to use because you'd only have to assign one shortcut and then pick what you want to do.

If anything doesn't work just let me know.

Attachments

• visibility tool.js.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 295
Hi Guys, 2 quick questions for the experts.

Now that my scene is getting more complicated its getting difficult to have to click on each and use the little checkbox in the property window.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

And then, there was also this thread with a script too : http://cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1710

Back