More render artifacts

More render artifacts

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could advice me regarding getting rid of some render artifacts I've been getting on this very simple, practice scene. I was getting these artifacts initially. Then I got rid of them with a Radiosity tag, but they are back now with a third object added. I am including a pict and attaching the .jas.

Thanks in advance!

3-balls.jpg

Attachments

• background template.jas.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 246
increase the longitude and parallel sections of the spheres. between 30-45 should do.
Thanks for the reply! I tried your suggestion, but still the same happens... However, I changed the type of light into an Area Light, and the jaggedness disappears... :confused:

Hi,
I'm quite sure that a higher tessellation should solve the problem. Since these artifacts look like the normal terminator problem which shows up at shadow boarders of low tessellated objects.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
I'm quite sure that a higher tessellation should solve the problem. Since these artifacts look like the normal terminator problem which shows up at shadow boarders of low tessellated objects.
Well, your solution, and fused's, did work. I was not producing enough tesserae. However, I ended up with a hefty polygon count: 4050 polys for a lowly sphere (90 x 45)... Thanks for the help!

Spheres are tough to render nicely (at least in mesh-based renderers) and 4050 is *not* a high polygon count for a smooth curved surface. Some ray tracers model spheres as actual spheres, which is a huge advantage (for rendering spheres...).

Back