Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No, but I plan to buy Leopard within the next 6 months

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No, but I plan to buy Leopard within the next 12 months

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • No, I have no plans to buy Leopard

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
The only big hikes in resource requirements for Mac OS X (since 10.1) have -- in my opinion -- been Quartz Extreme (more video memory) in 10.2, and Dashboard in 10.4.

10.5 will have the added benefit of being incompatible with haxies ;-)

I would say better than Tiger...Leopard's memory management is clearly 'clevereer' than Tiger's -- scenes that would cause an out-of-memory crash under Tiger will render just fine in Leopard. Indeed, the Activity Monitor will show Cheetah using more than 2GB memory (the limit for a single process under Tiger):

http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2473

And just in case you get into some idiotic argument with a Windows fanboi arguing that "Leopard is as bad as Vista", here's an email I got today at work -- I am not making this up:

"I've mentioned this to NAME REMOVED a couple of times this week, but the Vista machines still do not work with the new L2TP connection settings, with or without data encryption. In fact, the vista machines cannot even reach or ping SERVER URL REMOVED to try and correct, although the old SERVER URL REMOVED settings do work, albeit a LOT slower than the new settings."

Yup, it's a year since it came out and our Vista clients still can't log into our Microsoft-based VPN.

But hey, Vista is better than XP in some ways. Vista laptops will actually wake from sleep dependably ... eventually.

Yup.

Been using it for over a year now (I'm a developer, and have access to the pre-release seeds)... I've only got 2 machines left on tiger; and they are both 867 G4s with 640MB ram that I keep around for legacy compatibility (I don't run Cheetah3D - or anything demanding for that matter - on them). Everything else is Intel and Leopard (err... except my iPhone, that's an ARM - but I won't be running Cheetah3D on it either ;) )

Hi,
thank you very much for participating at this poll. The result was quite surprising. I didn't thought that so many already use Leopard or want to update soon. :smile:

Bye,
Martin

I didn't thought that so many already use Leopard or want to update soon.

To be honest, there is no way that I could go back to tiger as the benefits of Leopard are just too good. Leopard also seems a lot more responsive. It's funny because just before I finally sold my old G4 500, I never though Macs could get any faster. This one now is blisteringly fast and here I am again thinking that it can't really get faster than this......or can it?? :shock:

Back