Nissan 380ZX

Nissan 380ZX

My latest project.
I prefer the z32 300ZX over the latest 350Z. So this is my concept for the next Z car. It is a homage to the Z32. As you can see this is early stages. I'm pretty happy with it so far so I'll keep updating the posts as I progress.
The paint at the moment is ripped off from Podperson's Cute Car. Just a skylight added for this first render.

Attachments

• 380zx.jpg
    380zx.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 5,596
Good job with the modelling .:icon_thumbup:
But it's indeed to shiny i think :cool:
i'm sure you'll fix this later ,for a first render it's really verry nice .

Kenneth

Just a little more

More progressive renders

Attachments

• 380zx_03.jpg
    380zx_03.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8,568
  • 380zx_04.jpg
    380zx_04.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,341
Now for the detailing

I've got the bulk of the modeling done, now it's the detailing and then lighting

Attachments

• 380zx_05.jpg
    380zx_05.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3,671
Very nice, but wouldn't Lamborghini be kind of annoyed if Nissan were to release such a car?

countach.jpg

Last edited:
Lineage

Opps I do see the similarity but here is my inspiration.
The 300ZX (top) add a little 350z. It's probably a bit too rounded for Nissan. If you look at the new GTR it's quite angular.

Attachments

• homage.jpg
    homage.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 11,616
I think your design looks a lot like a rounded Countach. (I've always though Lamborghini made the hottest looking sportscars, even if by all accounts Porsches and Ferraris are more pleasant to drive. But I'm not much of a gearhead.) By the way, Lamborghini has made many variants on this design -- so there's probably several that look even more like your design.

That said, I prefer your design to more slab-sided Lamborgini's. I visited Lamborghini.com and note that their latest models are getting more rounded.

hi.
looking good so far. i think you need to sharpen some rounded bevels, otherwise you will run out of proportions and it will stay like a 1:60 scale model (like the corgitoys in my childhood)

with kindest regards
frank

Back