Looking for 3d model of Christ on the crucifix

Looking for 3d model of Christ on the crucifix

Anyone know where I can get a free or inexpensive 3d model of Christ on the cross for a Christmas animation I'm doing?

I found one or two that might do the trick. One from a place called "The 3D Studio" might work, but it is only in .max format, which I would not be able to open or convert.

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=81370

And another from TurboSquid, which I might purchase if I can't find anything else - but it may not have enough detail in the face:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/maya-jesus-christ/452222

If anyone has any resources or knows of a good model for less than $30.00 or so, do let me know!

Thanks guys. Frank - I found that same model from Exchange 3d at Archive3d, only without the cross.

Looks like that's the one I'll use.

I tried Make Human but no way I have the skill or the time at the moment to make their default look like Jesus. I actually did just order a boxed version of Poser 10 on a whim a few days ago - they had it on sale at NewEgg for only $49.00.

Perhaps "christ on the cross" is Easter

Rene666 - good point! I was so warped up in the concept I was going to animate (Jesus on cross figures only very briefly in the beginning) that I completely over-looked that. I think it might still work with what I'm planning, though. What do you think?

Basically, we see a perspective shot from the ground looking directly up at Jesus on the cross. Dramatic sky and clouds overhead. CUT TO close up on one of the statue's eye - a blood tear forms and slides down the face, into the air.

We follow the blood tear as it falls in space.

The tear morphs into a colorful gift box with a trailing ribbon behind it, like a falling comet.

The gift box crashes onto the ground (bullet physics?) and starts to spin around. Colorful lights spiral out and around the box like a disco.

Suddenly the sides of the gift box fall away outwards, revealing a single dove, which flaps its wings and takes flight back into the heavens. The tag "Peace On Earth" fades in.

Maybe a bit corny. I was planning two Christmas animations this year - one "naughty" and one "nice." I don't have time to execute both my ideas so I'm focusing on the nice one.

Jungle Balls

...warped up in the concept... seems a fitting description.
Mind you, as I am residing in the hometown of Freud I recommend that one should differentiate between a Freudian slip and a loincloth.
Happy Birthday, Jesus (from an atheist).

Sounds quite ambitious - and absolutely a new vision for Christmas (I typically think baby in a manger and bright stars and wise men with gifts).

Please share when you finish - would love to see your work.

cheers.

@pegot

Basically, we see a perspective shot from the ground looking directly up at Jesus on the cross. Dramatic sky and clouds overhead. CUT TO close up on one of the statue's eye - a blood tear forms and slides down the face, into the air.

We follow the blood tear as it falls in space.

The tear morphs into a colorful gift box with a trailing ribbon behind it, like a falling comet.

The gift box crashes onto the ground (bullet physics?) and starts to spin around. Colorful lights spiral out and around the box like a disco.

Suddenly the sides of the gift box fall away outwards, revealing a single dove, which flaps its wings and takes flight back into the heavens. The tag "Peace On Earth" fades in.

:icon_thumbup: Go for it!
I think it’s a fabulous idea! I think it’s an excellent time to remind us why Jesus was born on Christmas Eve.

Maybe a bit corny. I was planning two Christmas animations this year - one "naughty" and one "nice.

Not corny at all! Hope next year we will see your naughty Christmas animation.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Yes - this thread turned out to be pretty amusing - to the point where I might try my naughty card instead (easier to do and less animation).

Anyone know of a good aerial drone model :)

Well I never got a chance to complete all my ideas - was finishing a job right up till yesterday :(

I managed to get off the Santa card idea but it is just a still render no animation. And I had to cut back on a lot of details. I did not build any of the models - all stuff I got online. The Santa is from a Daz / Poser figure (Michael 3 & Santa Suit). I tried to make him a bit more blurry in the background. Poser and rigging is all new to me. The nightly builds of Make Human are great - but I did not know how to get the Santa Suit on the model I generated from that program.

Anyway - for what its worth you can see the completed card here (set up in Cheetah and rendered in Octane):

http://www.gotlibdesign.com/xmas/Santa-Knows-2013.pdf

Back