Selecting many objects ...

Selecting many objects ...

If I have a model of a robot that consists of hundreds of separate objects, how do I select a whole arm at once for instance ( that has 62 objects ). It takes time to select them one at the time to make a group for instance.

I cant seem to define an area that selects those objects.

When in Object mode you have several options for selections, but are there any selection options for separate objects.

Maybe me thats blind =)

//Cheetah3d 5.8

You could try selecting them in the Object Browser. And, naming all your parts would make that process even easier.

Bob

Thanks for your answer. On imported models the objects are not always in the correct order to make an easy selection. And naming 500 parts on a imported model seems a little too much , if you are just testing stuff =)

An area select tool would be nice.

Last edited:
Yes, I should have specified "polygon" mode instead of "object" my first post. Thats where the Area Select only seems to work.

Yes, I should have specified "polygon" mode instead of "object" my first post. Thats where the Area Select only seems to work.

Now I understand. The only way I can see is to click on the first
object in the browser and shift click on the last object in the list.
And command click if they're not contiguous.

I guess I've never tried the area select in object mode. It may be better to
make them part of one object, or sets of objects.

It seems the Object selection choices work somewhat in the Object browser, but I can't get any of them to work in the viewport.

Back