Where Does Cheetah 3D Store Files?

Where Does Cheetah 3D Store Files?

While not new to Cheetah 3D, I am new to actually using the application. I was recently feeling my way through it, till I came up against a brick wall of sorts.

The problem is that, when I attempt to load a texture – in this case, the Earth model – it asks me where it on my computer, and I have no idea.

I checked Application Support in my Library, yet there was no file (at least, no file called Cheetah).

I assume that they are all here, but where they would normally be installed would be appreciated.

While you´re right to check: Mac/HD/Users/YourName/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3d/Samples/earth.jpg
I wonder where you get you copy from, how you reached the "hello earth.jas"-file and what your system specs are - to start examination somewhere. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Thanks For The Assist!

Originally I purchased the app via MacUpdate, though since that time I have updated it via Cheetah's web site. I am working with a Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz iMac, 6GB of memory, running Mavericks. I don't think I had any issues running the app that I could see.

Last edited:
I Have A Theory About What's Happening...

I found the files in question, but with Mavericks Standard accounts (for reasons of security I don't work from an Administrator account) don't have access to the User Library folder. In Finder I have select the Option key, then the Go menu.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• HelpMenu.jpg
    HelpMenu.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 203
I Can Access Those Samples...

but the point is for me to become familiar, which his another way for saying that I need to make my way through them.

I'll have to find my way around this one.

but the point is for me to become familiar, which his another way for saying that I need to make my way through them.

I'll have to find my way around this one.
You lost me here - sorry.
If you can open these files a right-click on the title bar will lead you to its residence - MacOSX-standard.

Cheers
Frank

How to view the library folder in Mavericks

I found the files in question, but with Mavericks Standard accounts (for reasons of security I don't work from an Administrator account) don't have access to the User Library folder. In Finder I have select the Option key, then the Go menu.

Thoughts?

See the last paragraph of this article and the comments as well.
In this Library folder, there is a Cheetah3D folder in the Applications Support folder.

Back