help please

help please

Hi,

I have created a 3D model of some hair straighteners and I am trying to knock a spikey shape into the top barrel of the straightener using the boolean tool but for some reason it doesn't appear to be working.

I have attached the 3D file as maybe it has something to do with the way that I have created the 3D image.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

thanks

lfcredbird7

Attachments

• straightener.jas.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 269
Hi.
Can you give some hints on what is not working as you´re expecting?
If you want to make that boolean operation (why would you like to do so?) you have first to make the spike/extrude object editable. But it´s not necessary unless I´m missing something important.

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi Frank,

thanks for replying, I want the spike shape to be cut out of the top barrel my attempts to do this so far have failed as it doesn't appear on the render and I can't understand why. I want to experiment with this model to see if it is possible to stamp shapes, text, and logos into the model.

I've had a try based on your comments and it seems to work - however if I want to add another two more shapes into that boolean operation can this be done??

I've had a try based on your comments and it seems to work - however if I want to add another two more shapes into that boolean operation can this be done??

Honestly - if the first operation will work seems to be a little wonder, because booleans expect at least a kind of "body" object and not just flat polygons.

So normally you can add as many geometry via "import children", but make sure your "base" meshes have no holes.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• BooleanTool.jpeg
    BooleanTool.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 274
Hi I have another question regarding my 3D drawing...

I now want to create smooth rounded edges around the edges of the hair straighteners, can anybody please advise how you do this - i am a newbie to this just learning the ropes with the manual and some of the tutrials.

Thanks

Hi.
Unfortunately you collapsed your extrude object too early.
Load your path again, find the part about "Bevel" in the properties of the extrude creator and select your needs.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• BeveledExtrude.jpeg
    BeveledExtrude.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 271
Back