Render without shade

Render without shade

I have an object with an image texture (see image below). I want to be able to render the object so that there is not shading. So in this case it would be just black and white (no grey).

Is there a way to render so that shading is flat?

Attachments

• shadows.png
    shadows.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 235
I have an object with an image texture (see image below). I want to be able to render the object so that there is not shading. So in this case it would be just black and white (no grey).

Is there a way to render so that shading is flat?

Purely emissive materials can render flat so you could apply them to your object.

Thanks for the feedback... However the more I crank the emissive, the more the image washes out. Following images below are 50% emissive, 75% emissive, 100% emissive.

Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• 50.png
    50.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 75.png
    75.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 100.png
    100.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 228
Thanks for the feedback... However the more I crank the emissive, the more the image washes out. Following images below are 50% emissive, 75% emissive, 100% emissive.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe I misunderstood you.

Is this the kind of effect you're after?

Attachments

• stripes.png
    stripes.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 233
You always can upload an example file.
If there´s still some shading - either kill the specularity or make a right-click in the node editor and choose Add Node-> Shader-> Solid - connect - done.
But you will loose the visual feedback in the 3d-view.

PS: when it´s simple flat colors on polygon selections use the solid-shader anyway. I was thinking of an image based texture.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Frank your a GOD! I don't know why I didn't think about plugging the image directly into the emissive. I was just cranking the emissive colour! DUH!

Back