FBX 30 FPS export/import problem

FBX 30 FPS export/import problem

Hi,
i have problems editing a fbx file with cheetah. The file has a framerate of 24. How do i get Cheetah to import and export it as 24 fps? After editing unity imports it with 30 fps and not 24.
Cheetah's import and export settings for fbx fps are set to 24.
Might as well be a unity problem. Have you made similar experiences?

Hi and Welcome!
You can set the frame-rate at the preferences (Main menu ->Cheetah3d-> preferences) for im- and export as well as you can adjust it in the animation menu for rendering. Does this help?

Cheers
Frank

Yes, that's what i tried. It seems to be a cheetah problem. I created a test animation in Cheetah with 24 fps, exported it as fbx and imported it again, then it was 30 fps.
6JsC6W2.png

I created a test animation in Cheetah with 24 fps, exported it as fbx and imported it again, then it was 30 fps.
No - you got 24 frames stretched to 30fps, because of the he default frame-rate setting - when you set it to 24 at menu->animation-> frames per second all will be fine.

Cheers
Frank

No i tried that too. Unity will load it as 30 fps (not changeable) whereas the original file, prior to editing it with cheetah gets loaded as 24 fps.

I have just purchased Cheetah3D for use with Unity3D and .fbx assets off the Unity Asset Store and I am also seeing this problem.

Here are my repro steps:
- I have an .fbx file with several animation takes recorded at 24 FPS.
- I add the .fbx file to my Unity3D project and can see that the animations are recorded at 24 FPS
- I have set the fbx file settings to import at 24 FPS and export at 24 FPS in Cheetah3d->Preferences...->Files->.fbx
- I have set Animation->Frames Per Second to 24
- I Import the .fbx file into Cheetah3D
- I then export back to a .fbx file
- Finally I add the new .fbx file into my Unity3D project and can see in the animation properties that the animation is now record at 30fps.

I have tried this several times to try and make sure I'm not missing a step etc. but have got the same results each time. Also, the Animation->Frames per Second setting resets every time I restart Cheetah3D which is quite frustrating and I can't find a setting to change the default.

This is frustrating because it invalidates a lot of the meta-data which Unity stores about the animations (Unity's animation clipping start frame and end frame for the takes and frame offsets for looping).

Back