Dreams of 7.0

One of the things I like about Blender (I know, I know) is that each new version has a new splash screen featuring work done with Blender that accentuates the features introduced in the new version.

I think it's good for Blender, good for the artists who get exposure that way, and helps keep things fresh.

Attached — an example used (without permission ;-) ) from one of our excellent forum contributors.

I'd use San Francisco (the new Mac system font) over Helvetic Neue where available (i.e. OS X 10.11) because it will keep it looking modern. (Or it can be burned into a bitmap.)

BTW: look how you brand yourself.

Good idea, and I do like that Font.

:oops: Oooops!
I like the Hot Coals: Makes me think of asking my husband to fire up the girl tonight.
That is so funny! :lol: It was an honest mistake. I meant "GRILL" not "GIRL"
is your girl charcoal or propane?
At the old GIRL'S age she's only will-powered but the GRILL is Charcoal powered.

I started to try to make charcoal but it's taking me too much time right now to try to remember
how to use rigid body physics and particle arrays and particle tags and lighting etc.

It's interesting how the various positions of the coals render the colors of the coals differently. Sometimes some of them are even green.

My Best
Jeanny

Attachments

• Charcoals.png
    Charcoals.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 558

I thought is was a term of endearment, like we do for a car or a boat.

I made some changes to the material, so it may work better.

Attachments

• Hot Coals Archive.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 355
I'm hoping the C3D7 splash might feature a motion-blurred weasel with an SSS material for his furry skin firing his laser pistol through volumetric scattering fog, alongside a live editor preview showing the materials and lighting reasonably accurately ;-) and layered output being viewed in (say) Photoshop (or Acorn, or Affinity Photo).

And clean booleans.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the C3D7 splash might feature a motion-blurred weasel with an SSS material for his furry skin firing his laser pistol through volumetric scattering fog, alongside a live editor preview showing the materials and lighting reasonably accurately ;-) and layered output being viewed in (say) Photoshop (or Acorn, or Affinity Photo).

And clean booleans.

Such a tease. I'm looking forward to the next release also!

And clean booleans.

LMAO! "And clean booleans"...hilarious....

Just that he threw that in at the end as an afterthought. First he paints this big visual of a weasel shooting a laser blaster through fog, and then a few more fairly technical previewing and layering requests, and then finally..."and clean Booleans"...
I think Pod just wants clean Booleans, but he took the time to entertain as well.
I always appreciate the effort involved when someone takes the time to write something entertaining to read, while still seriously discussing the topic.
And it was written with that classic, wry British humor, and that ALWAYS cracks me up.
:D

Back