Cheetah3D User Forum  

Old
  (#41)
bugaboo (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 14.04.2012, 03:46

Congratulations on the Cheetah 6.0 release. Things have really progressed since version 3!

Just purchased and downloaded from MAS. Clicked on 5 stars...

Old
  (#42)
DarthSidious05 (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Cool 14.04.2012, 15:12

I was just thinking about this the other day, having not been on here in awhile, wondering if 6x would include the ability for balloons to bounce off each other in the air (as seen in the movie UP). Sure enough, 6x addresses this feature!

Great to see 6x is available. Congratulations on all the new features Martin. Looks promising!

Possible future 6x FEATURES I want to see:
In the near future, might a 6x version also include:

-Pivot any Joint and choose to rotate what is above or below (this would dramatically speed up and improve my character animations). Currently, I can only rotate everything below the joint selected in the skeleton, but often times, rotating the body above would be so much easier, like stop motion Claymation pivot points.

-Video .mov textures in the future? I could have a TV or flat screen playing, or use it for special FX in background.

-Correction of rotation of joints in work window, stretching apart unintentionally when rotating too far away from point 0 0 0 xyz, say at position 100,000 100,000 100,000?

Old
  (#43)
DarthSidious05 (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Idee 14.04.2012, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by novolume View Post
I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.8 - works fine here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi,
that usually happens if the download was incomplete. The downloaded file should be 31.5 MByte.

Bye
Martin

31 mb sounds like a faster download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSpider View Post
Wow! I love the new website look!
It's nice to see some new work showcased up there on the front page!

-- GS.

Yeah, the new website looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreu View Post
Congratulations on the new release!

The physics engine seems extremely useful and well implemented. The examples are good. Metaballs could be fun and useful. The new modifiers are a good addition too. A very solid update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemdesign View Post
In my brief chance to play with this new version - wow! The bullet physics are amazing and so much fun to play with! Congrats on another great release of a truly wonderful app!

Thanks for the feedback on the physics. Good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi,
the upgrade is only free for users who bought Cheetah3D 5.x after Dec. 12th 2010. If you bought Cheetah3D before that time your regnumber won't work for v6 anymore and you need a v6 Upgarde for $69.

Kind regards
Martin

Thanks for posting this info. For registration, does it still require the computer to be online only to confirm registration with that computer? Only reason I ask is I try to keep my main computer offline. Thanks.

Old
  (#44)
Giesbert (Offline)
Neuer Benutzer

Default Must-go, sleep-now, - 14.04.2012, 22:23

I'm so tired... because I've been having fun with the new dynamic features of Cheetah3D 6.0 all day long!

Thank you Martin.

Placed my first C3D 6.0 test on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_TH4fSkcOo&hd=1

Last edited by Giesbert : 15.04.2012 at 21:14. Reason: added link to my first test movie

Old
  (#45)
filip c (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 14.04.2012, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesbert View Post
I'm so tired... because I've been having fun with the new dynamic features of Cheetah3D 6.0 all day long!

Thank you Martin.

I know and share the feeling

Old
  (#46)
Swizl (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 14.04.2012, 23:07

Yep bought the upgrade this morning. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I will. The good news is that I got an Intel Mac at home about 3 weeks ago, and finally got a new Intel iMac 3 days ago at work. So I'll be able to use v6 in both places now!

Old
  (#47)
Martin (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer
Site Admin

Default 15.04.2012, 02:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by badweasel View Post
Will upgrades on the app store be free forever, or for a longer period of time than future upgrades outside of the app store. At this time I don't know of any way to do paid upgrades inside of the app store, although I expect apple will eventually add this ability.

All MAS customers fall into the free Upgrade time frame (the MAS opened Dac 6th 2011) so please don't take that as a general case forwever.

How I will handle v7 is not decided yet. But the price will be the same for both license types.

Quote:
Are there any differences between the two versions? Sandboxed vs not? Any reason why it's better to have one over the other? Either way?

The Sandbox is still a problem with a big question mark. Existing products are allowed not to use the sandbox but once the sandbox become mandatory things get pretty ugly since the sandbox definitely wasn't designed for a 3D app.

Quote:
EDIT.. just realized a 2nd question. I also originally bought the beginner's guide for 5.5. Are you guys going to do a guide like this for 6.0?

Andrew is very busy at the moment so I don't know it by myself yet.

Bye
Martin

Old
  (#48)
Martin (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer
Site Admin

Default 15.04.2012, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
Congratulations on the Cheetah 6.0 release. Things have really progressed since version 3!

Just purchased and downloaded from MAS. Clicked on 5 stars...

Thank you very much. Good star-ratings and reviews are always very motivating.

Bye
Martin

Old
  (#49)
Andreu (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default 15.04.2012, 03:43

I just updated to 6.0. Great job, Martin. The bullet physics alone is worth the price of the update. Very nicely done! Also, I noticed we finally get a functioning Orthographic camera view. Yeeha!

There's no spoon.
My 3D blog:Everything 3D

Old
  (#50)
Martin (Offline)
Erfahrener Benutzer
Site Admin

Default 16.04.2012, 00:45

Your welcome. You sure you will also like the 6.x updates. There is at least one feature coming you will love especially.

Bye
Martin