Tube with bevel tutorial

Tube with bevel tutorial

Here is a tutorial inspired by this recent question on the forum. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• bevel-edge-tut.jpg
    bevel-edge-tut.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 685
Thank you so much for your time and effort!

Evidently, I'm pretty thick-headed. I'm following along and am stuck on steps 7 and 8. First, I don't understand step 7, scale on the z axis till the surface is flat... but i tried. And step 8, i can't get anything to happen, the "cover" command is doing nothing. I've tried several times. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but have no idea what.

Thank you so much for your time and effort!

Evidently, I'm pretty thick-headed. I'm following along and am stuck on steps 7 and 8. First, I don't understand step 7, scale on the z axis till the surface is flat... but i tried. And step 8, i can't get anything to happen, the "cover" command is doing nothing. I've tried several times. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but have no idea what.

Don't worry, I'm here to help :) On step 7 you may not notice much of a difference, it depends on how flat the face was to begin with. When you scale on the Z (blue) axis, you'll notice that at some point you can't scale down anymore. That's the sign that the face is flat on the normal direction (I hope that makes sense). On step 8, make sure that the Transform tool is back to Global orientation, and that you are on edge mode. Then choose Cover. With the Transform tool still on, just drag down on the Y axis arrow. You'll see the new set of edges coming down.

Let me know if that helps.

Back