Part of image not being anti-aliased...

Part of image not being anti-aliased...

I have been working on this Panton chair image a bit lately, and have come across an interesting issue...

the junction between the glass... the glazing seal... and the window framing... is not being rendered antialiased... but remains slightly jagged... especially the vertical section...

Also having issue with the floor... supposed to be a marble tile with a bump map applied... somehow I think I have not got my head around the scaling of the materials applied...

running a new render at the moment but it won't be ready until I get home tonight from work... been running all night already... I think I have been setting the parametres a bit high... but hey... when you can get such fantastic renders out of C3d... why not...!!

I have edited this thread now... as I had forgotton that one can post images in the Gallery section... so the image is at:
http://cheetah3d.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=998#998

cheers
Trevor

I have at last figured out how to do the scaling of my floor material... so that is one thing down... a few more to go...

cheers
Trevor

Sorry can't see the pictures due to the rules at PPB. Maybe post an image in the galery section of this forum :)

Regards,

Peter

Without actually seeing the image (I, too, can't be bothered to register at the forum - it'd be better if you hosted it here, by attaching it to your original post), my guess would that you're only using Oversampling Pass 2, and that Cheetah isn't correctly identifying the areas that need antialiasing.

The fix: Lower the Pass 2 setting a little, and set Oversampling Pass 1 to 4x. Rerender (will take much longer), and see if it's still happening.

Sorry guys... see the first post of the thread for an updated link to C3D gallery forum...

Thanx for the tip Randy... I am trying that right now...

cheers
Trevor

ps
registering at PPB does not get one automatic viewing/download rights... one has to participate for a while before one "earns" the right...

Okay, I can see what you mean in that image - actually, that's very badly aliased. Ouch. :O

If that's how it really looks, even without the JPEG compression... egads.

Hi,
you are right that there are quite ugly aliases in the edges. But I don't think that it is a antialiasing problem.

Does the scene render nicely without radiosity? If yes you could try to decrease the "error" property of the radiosity tag.

By,
Martin

Hi Martin...

in the Gallery forum Peer suggested that it could be double faces with zero separation in the original SU model... and that looks like what it is going by the latest renders that I have been trying...

unfortunately I had to cancel them as the material for the floor became very washed out so was not worth continuing with what was already a 14 hour render... !!! I am setting the controls pretty high to get a good idea how far I can take this panton chair rendering... and so cancelled the latest render this morning on my way to work as I think my PB had been rendering 24hrs a day for aboout 5-6 days non-stop on several different renders of the same scene... so I thought I better give it a rest as the fan had been going continuously for days....!!! :D

just now trying to get the marble floor I added right... seem to be doing something wrong as I am wahing it out something terrible... and I thought I had the settings about right when I did a quick pre-render where the bump for the grout lines came out OK and the marble lloked not too bad either... but then I must have changed something and I over lit... or something... the scene... oh well... back to the drawing board... :D
cheers
Trevor

Back