Did anybody have problems opening the v4.0 .dmg file?

Did anybody have problems opening the v4.0 .dmg file?

Hi,
did anybody have problems to open the Cheetah3D 4.0 .dmg file after download. I was informed by a user that the .dmg file didn't open on his Mac.

iMac G5
OS X 10.4.9
downloaded with Safari 2.0.4

If somebody had the problem. How can it be solved? The .dmg file opens fine on my Mac and obviously on most others.

Any help would be very welcome.

Bye,
Martin

The upgrade worked fine for me. Kagi process was smooth. So far, no crashes. OS 10.4.9 . G5. :icon_thumbup:

One little thing I wish for is a labeled axis: x,y,z. The color coded x/y/z icons were replaced by the ruler icon.

No problem here

10.4.9, PPC powerbook, Safari 2.0.4.

I almost had a problem, though. I was in the middle of dragging the 4.0 folder to the applications folder when I remembered I had a script that I needed to rescue.

Quad G5 / 10.4.9 / Safari 2.0.4

No problem here either. My guess would be that the user had a corrupted download.

When I upgraded to C3D 4.0 I was still at 10.4.8 (G5). It downloaded and installed without problems.

4.0 .dmg mount trouble

I'm running a PPC "Quad", 2.5 GB ram, OS 10.4.8
I downloaded the 4.0 dmg from the Cheetah3d site and also VersionTracker.
The EULA screen came up when I double clicked the icon. I clicked "Agree".
The progress window came up saying it was "attaching image", a usual thing.
Then no mounted folder/file appeared.
I was able to see the disk name in "Disk Utility" see pic.
Everything looks fine. The log says it mounted successfully.
It even shows the path. But a search showed no file.
I tried this 4 or 5 times, re-downloading each time.
I then copied the dmg to my 10.3.9 dual G5 and it mounted fine.
I copied the folder over again to the Quad and...it works!!
-Good thing I have 2 Macs!

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 278
Hi,
that is very strange. Why does a .dmg file work on one Mac but not on the other. The good thing is that it looks like a quite rare problem.

Does anybody know what causes that problem? Is it a bug in OS X? I always thought the .dmg file should open on all Macs.:frown:

Bye,
Martin

Yep, have problems too...

Hi

When doubleclicking the .dmg file i get a message after agreeing to license agreement that image may be corrupt and may damage system when opening. Opening and installation is no problem.

Cheetha3D.app is version 3.6.1 not 4.0. Downloaded from cheetah3d.com and from versiontracker. app works fine. Had the previous Version installed but deinstalled before installed 4.0

Macbook, 2.0Ghz, 10.4.9

Hope someone can help...

cheers
Bruno

i tried both downloads, first the one on cheetha3d.com. Trying the one from versiontracker was just because i was desperate:)

I can't explain why it says 3.6.1... I deleted all cheetah files i could find and I deleted browser cache too. But didn't work.

It's like i'm downloading a wrong file!

Hi bruno,

do you have the tool called "AppZapper"?

As far as I know, this tool will completely deinstall all files of an App if you throw it in this tool.

Perhaps there were some more files on your disk which are not deletet correctly and causes this issue.

BTW: Is there a way to send you this file by mail? So I could send you the file which I used for installation of Version 4 without problems.

best regards
Wolfgang

Hi

First, thanks for your help!

I searched for cheetah on my system and deleted all files i found. Then i tried install again, with same results. Strange is when i go to finder and show information of cheeth3D.dmg it also says it's 3.6.1. Now i downloaded the file again and tried once more. And here you go - it works now. I finally got V4.0 on my system. Another x-file to close :)

Thanks
Bruno

Back