advice on cell shading anyone?

advice on cell shading anyone?

I've been learning Cheetah for the past few days now, (great program, btw) mostly getting used to creating objects and playing around with things.

the one thing I haven't found much mention to are elements to creating a cartoony cell effect, really, I've been looking for a 'stroke' type function (like using the stroke effect in photoshop to create a border around an image of a specified width.) the membrane material seems to be close to what I'm trying to acheive but I've had no luck with it so far.

of course I have no idea if this is remotely possible, but I do appreciate anyone with advice.

Hi,
I know that cell shading is still missing. I want to add it since over a year but I didn't find the time yet. :cry: But it is definitively on my todo list.

Sorry.

By,
Martin

Cell Shading

Hi,
I know that cell shading is still missing. I want to add it since over a year but I didn't find the time yet. :cry: But it is definitively on my todo list.
Sorry.
By,
Martin

This is from 2005, is there anything new in Cheetah for such effects?

Hi,
Cell shading will be part of the new material system I'm currently working one. It's already working partially.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Back