hole in the 'a'...

hole in the 'a'...

I found a little flaw in the shape of the text object 'a' : when extruding this letter and adding a cover (front or back), there is a triangular hole in the cover. Editing the letter and moving slightly one of the tangents solves the problem.

I have the same problem with 'a', possibly it's the font shape. A feature for the the future could be select your own font. Until then I'm going to have a go at importing outlined fonts from Illustrator.

It is possible to use other fonts (and sizes). Ctrl-Click in the textbox and select show fonts. Now choose your font and size. This should work!
Good Luck!

Regards,
Peter

Hi,
thanks for the bug report. I will try to fix the problem for the next update.
I'm already working on the extrude object.

By,
Martin

P.S. The next update will offer a bevel (round, stairs, etc.) option in the extrude object.

Attachments

• text_102.jpg
    text_102.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,082
It is possible to use other fonts (and sizes). Ctrl-Click in the textbox and select show fonts. Now choose your font and size.
I don't think this works Peer, or at least it doesn't for me.

fused: That's strange. You do have version 2.2? Here's a screenshot. I just ctrl-click and choose show fonts. Then when I highlight the text and change the font, it changes. I then press the Tab key and my 3d spline will have that font.

cheetahtxt.png

Good luck!
If it doesn't seem to work, I'll try to make a movie or something.

Regards,
Peter[/img]

It does work, though the change is not instanteneous : you have to press enter, in order the change to be displayed. You also have to select all the text. Apparently, you can't change letters font individually. (I noticed also that sometimes the link between the font panel and the text field gets broken, in which case I delete the text object and make another one).

Hi,
this is probably a place were the UI could be more intuitive. I will try to improve it. Maybe I add a font selector pull down menu.

By,
Marin

Gee Martin... you would have to be the MOST responsive developer I have EVER seen... someone mentions something to improve C3D and the next day you have added it... that it is so cool...

Thanx for the greatest most fun 3d app there is...

cheers
Trevor

Back