Things...!

Things...!

THINGS doing things that THINGS do.

things2.jpg

THING modeled in Silo, terrain and render in Cheetah.

I also made a variation on the theme. (Rendered in Blender EDIT: Replaced with updated Cheetah render)

things.jpg

Last edited:
Dog Eat Dog - J.Mitchell

Hi.
Forgive me, but I can´t resist to post this 3 sec Cheetah3d render.
You can use solid color for the "things" and a color as camera background of your choice. But you might know this already;-)

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• DogEatDog_JM.jpeg
    DogEatDog_JM.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 561
  • Gotcha.jpeg
    Gotcha.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Seb, Frank,

I really like both of your characters (things).
Nice renders, too.

cartoon shader would be something, wouldn't it? (is it on the wishlist already?)

cheers,
-t0m

That's funny, my friend just sent me a picture of a Domo-kun, it reminded him of that as well. My inspirations were Sam and Max, Domo-kun (I was not familiar with their name) and The Merch from Penny Arcade. No plans to animate. I have ideas for some still vignettes that I might develop, but I think animating them might take a bit of the surreal creepiness out of them. One idea I'm toying with is a THING museum...

Frank,

I was actually planning on trying adding the eyes and maybe teeth exactly how you suggest! :) Unfortunately most of my time yesterday was wasted on trying to get Blender's particle system to render decent grass. Still no success. I will update the image later today if I modify it to my liking. I love your dog, the silhouette reads really well.

I updated the silhouette. Added the visible eyes on all of them, and the teeth on the frontmost one. I also readjusted the camera for better framing and to make the silhouette of the one that's laying down read better.

Funny image!

I tried the hair script as well, unfortunately the hair originates from the vertices and faces, and it made for a very regular square pattern. Not really what I was going for.

Hi,
very cool. I would have never come onto the idea to render silhouette images in Cheetah3D. But is oviously works very well.:smile:

Funny idea.:icon_thumbup:

Bye,
Martin

P.S. That would also work for nice small animations.

Your THINGS might become very popular. They are just so simple but characteristical. I love them.

I second that! I totally love them, too...

Really looking fwd to see those THINGS animated someday - whizzing, jumping and running around. I can already imagine pretty well ;)

-t0m

Hi Seb.
Excuse my ignorance, but I can´t see any reason why you shouldn´t model this easely in Cheetah3d.
With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• IsoParam.jpg
    IsoParam.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 328
Back