Sponza model

Sponza model

eventually found the Sponza model every renderer out there seems to use to test a render app...

so... I just dumped it in... put an area and distant light in and applied the given materials... as material colours and same files as bumps and I reckon it came out pretty neat...

only thing I can see are 5 bright pixels in the render for some reason...

cheers
Trevor

Attachments

• sponza_03_172.jpg
    sponza_03_172.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4,751
Looks good Trevor. Where did you find that model. I've never seen it posted, but I've seen 8 million renderings of the daren thing.

What do you suppose caused those spots? Any ideas? I have never seen that in Cheetah

I will post the link... if I can find it again... and I can email it to you if you like... but will have to be tonight (Oz time that is)...

I think I just ended up doing a google on "sponza 3d model" or something like that...

As for the bright pixels... I have no idea where they came from... as other than the material specifying I did not touch the model at all... and they always seem to appear in the same location...

cheers
Trevor

Heck... for the amount that you have helped me along the way to understanding C3d... it is the very least I could do...

cheers
Trevor

Hi Trevor,
I also searched for this file some time ago but I couldn't find it. So I also have to thank you for the link. :D

Once I have some time I have to play around with that test scene a little bit. 8)

By,
Martin

You are welcome Martin... the thanks really goes to you for providing us with such a fantastic application...

It will interesting to see if the bright pixel issue I got in the render happens with anyone else...

cheers
Trevor

Hi Martin and hi all!
In the middle of May, someone compared with a few renderers using sponza model in Japanese SketchUp forum. Soon I tried with Cheetah3D 2.2b3 but came in some shadow's troubles. I tried some cases with or without textures and dump mappings. All same results(See below..).
Cheetah1.jpg

I retried with Cheetah3D 2.2 after found a TrevurM-L's posted image. This time worked perfecly.
sponza3.jpg

Great gift for Mac folk, Martin. I have to buy soon.

Macjijii,

What were your settings for radiosity etc? Loks like you got pretty good detail in the shadows without too many burnt out highlights. Nice lighting job. Also, the big question,how big and how long?

Hi Macjijii,
first of all your second image looks gorgeous. :D :D :D I wanted to itch out such a result be myself but now you've done the work for me.

Sorry but I not sure what was going wrong under v2.2b3 that you got such a strange result. Theoretically it should have worked. I made some changes to the renderer in final v2.2. Maybe I fixed it by chance.

By,
Martin

Jake,

Data follows:

HDRI: skyprobes "probe_10-50_anglemap.hdr" in power:0.003,

Radiosity: type radiosity of course
intensity 2.5 (wanted appere details in the galleria)

Light: Parallellight rotation: H:155
P: 25
B: 7.5
intensity 1.25(wanted ambience of Italan Sunbeam)
shadow color
color.pdf

Image size: 800*640 2MB

I'm using an old Quicksilver 800, so it took 7.3 hours to complete. :oops:

Oh! It's already morning. I haf to go to my bed. "Goodnight !"

This is the one that I ran. Pretty dark. Took 7 hours on my g4 powerbook at 1000x700. Yikes. I'll try your settings. Thanks

Attachments

• 700_212.jpg
    700_212.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,851
Martin

Don't worry about shadow trouble because I do not buy your nice software yet. :oops:
I hope someday you add soft shadow when using any light thank you.

Jake

I don't know the scripting rules how to add pdf file in this forum page.
Please download color.pdf from my site. Thanks.

First try with Cheetah

I gave it a try. It turned out a little flat but I still think it looks better than what I have been able to do in a first try with other software. I´ll try again and post when I have something better.
I love the fact that there are so few parameters to adjust in Cheetah compared to other programs I´ve tried.
So, hats off for you Matin. I think I´m gonna buy your program. And by the way: How can you live off this when you sell the licence for 70 bucks a piece?

Attachments

• courtyard-for-web_102.jpg
    courtyard-for-web_102.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,822
Re: First try with Cheetah

marr said:
How can you live off this when you sell the licence for 70 bucks a piece?

It has to be a part time project. If not, he'll have to get a lot of registrations a month! :eek:

You from Iceland? What's the siggy saying?

Cool language, cool language.

Marr...

That is a great render... what were your settings to not get the shadows too dark or it being washed out...??

cheers
Trevor

Hi marr,
this is indeed a very good rendering of the Sponza model. :D

Who said that I have to live from my hobby. 8) But you are right I have to increase the price of Cheetah3D soon (2.3 will cost 99$), since I've licensed some quite expensive source code. But that source code will improve the quality of Cheetah3D dramatically. So I thought that it will be worth it.

Registered users don't have to care about the price adaptation because they will get 2.3 for free.

By,
Martin

Here's my attempt. I used an additional area light to lighten the interior.

Attachments

• sponza_213.jpg
    sponza_213.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,765
Back